• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Ron McLeod
  • Rob Spoor
  • Tim Cooke
  • Junilu Lacar
Sheriffs:
  • Henry Wong
  • Liutauras Vilda
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
Saloon Keepers:
  • Jesse Silverman
  • Tim Holloway
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Al Hobbs
  • Mikalai Zaikin
  • Piet Souris

Enthuware enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.834 error

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 49
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I think I have found an error in the question enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.834:


Another alternative is to catch this exception in myMethod:



Further, since a call to myMethod cannot throw Exception anymore, main method does not need to declare it either.



and after it:



Here is written "e.printStackTrace);", but it should be "e.printStackTrace();". It is a little error, but I think it is better to mention it. ( I hope it is okay, that I quoted a little part of the explanation )
 
Sheriff
Posts: 11604
178
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Kamil Hlubek wrote:Here is written "e.printStackTrace);", but it should be "e.printStackTrace();". It is a little error, but I think it is better to mention it. ( I hope it is okay, that I quoted a little part of the explanation )


Yes, you are correct. The invocation of the printStackTrace() method has a very minor slip-up as it seems to be only in the explanation. Although Paul Anilprem regularly visits CodeRanch and will probably take note of this minor issue. But because it's such minor issue, it would probably have been better to use the appropriate Enthuware forum to report the issue.

enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.834 wrote:// since you are catching the exception thrown by yourMethod,
// there is no need to declare it in the throws clause of myMethod.


enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.834 wrote:// since you are catching the exception thrown by myMethod,
// there is no need to declare it in the throws clause of main.


I don't know what this question is about. And these comments are absolutely spot-on. Just like to add: although there's no need to declare the exception in the throws clause of the method (because you handled the exception), it's completely valid to add the exception to the throws clause of the method. You are required to handle-or-declare a checked exception, but it's perfectly legal (valid) to handle-and-declare a checked exception as well.

Just my 2 cents.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel
 
Kamil Hlubek
Ranch Hand
Posts: 49
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

it would probably have been better to use the appropriate Enthuware forum to report the issue.



I looked at the forum, but I simply could not find the appropriate category to post it. I hope Paul will recognize this thread, as you sad he do visit this forum.
 
Enthuware Software Support
Posts: 4577
45
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Kamil,
This has now been fixed. Thank you for your feedback.

Kamil Hlubek wrote:

it would probably have been better to use the appropriate Enthuware forum to report the issue.



I looked at the forum, but I simply could not find the appropriate category to post it. I hope Paul will recognize this thread, as you sad he do visit this forum.



You don't need to look. Just click on the "Discuss" button on the question screen and it will open your browser to the right location. (please see attached image)

In this case, if you click on the Discuss link, it will take you to this existing discussion on the same question: http://enthuware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3011

If a discussion does not exist for a particular question, it will take you to a page where you can start a new one.

You can report your issue there.

HTH,
Paul.
2.834.png
[Thumbnail for 2.834.png]
Discuss button/Link
 
Kamil Hlubek
Ranch Hand
Posts: 49
2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thank you very much for your response.
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 11604
178
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Paul Anilprem wrote:In this case, if you click on the Discuss link, it will take you to this existing discussion on the same question: http://enthuware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3011


That link is hard to guess/get for a user and I know a user can simply click the discuss button and end up in the appropriate thread about that topic. But maybe it would be a nice add-on to have a link like http://enthuware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?q=enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.834 (or q=ocajp.i.v8.2.834) which simply redirects to the appropriate thread. Don't know if it's useful for Enthuware users (it definitely would for me to point the ranchers to the appropriate thread )
 
Paul Anilprem
Enthuware Software Support
Posts: 4577
45
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Roel De Nijs wrote:

Paul Anilprem wrote:In this case, if you click on the Discuss link, it will take you to this existing discussion on the same question: http://enthuware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3011


That link is hard to guess/get for a user and I know a user can simply click the discuss button and end up in the appropriate thread about that topic. But maybe it would be a nice add-on to have a link like http://enthuware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?q=enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.834 (or q=ocajp.i.v8.2.834) which simply redirects to the appropriate thread. Don't know if it's useful for Enthuware users (it definitely would for me to point the ranchers to the appropriate thread )



Hi Roel,
Such a link is already there: http://enthuware.com/forum/askquestion.php?forumid=2&questionid=
Just add the questionid at the end.

forumid=2 is for all OCAJP and OCPJP certifications.

HTH,
Paul.
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 11604
178
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Paul Anilprem wrote:Such a link is already there: http://enthuware.com/forum/askquestion.php?forumid=2&questionid=
Just add the questionid at the end.


Let's try it. Visiting http://enthuware.com/forum/askquestion.php?forumid=2&questionid=enthuware.ocajp.i.v8.2.834 ... Works like a charm!
 
So it takes a day for light to pass through this glass? So this was yesterday's tiny ad?
Thread Boost feature
https://coderanch.com/t/674455/Thread-Boost-feature
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic