Mid-Level Database and PHP Programmer (San Marcos, CA):
About the Opportunity
Productive Computing, Inc. (PCI), a Platinum FileMaker Business Alliance Partner is looking for a mid-level programmer to develop and maintain FileMaker Pro database and PHP projects. This position would be part of a team responsible for working on custom database development projects utilizing our products or customer’s own solutions.
PCI offers a unique environment that fosters individual growth while working as part of a team utilizing the agile development methodology of Scrum to deliver solid solutions to our clients. Training on FileMaker development will be provided as part of the 90 day probationary period.
- 3-5+ years FileMaker Pro, Oracle, SQL, PHP, C++ or other programming experience required
- Minimum 50 WPM required
- Strong skills in relational database design required
- Bachelor's degree in business or computer science preferred
- Enjoy giving top-level customer service, good communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and be flexible in a dynamic environment
- Candidate must be detail oriented and take pride in his/her work
- Knowledge is important, but the ability and motivation to learn is essential
- Be a team player, but self-motivated
Other qualifications that are a plus, but not required
- Experience in XML, XSLT, SQL, ODBC, Java
- Strong skills in programming FileMaker Pro 7-14 database solutions
- Strong skills in FileMaker Pro scripting and calculations
- Experience in FileMaker Server installation and configuration
- Experience using FileMaker Pro plug-ins, Outlook and QuickBooks
- FileMaker Pro 7 - 14 Certified
- Experience in project management, sales and estimate creation
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive hourly rate and benefits package includes medical insurance, a retirement plan, dental insurance, a vision-care plan, paid company holidays, paid vacations and paid sick time.
About Productive Computing, Inc.
Since 1996, Productive Computing, Inc. has been helping its customers become more efficient and profitable by implementing custom software solutions using FileMaker Pro. Utilizing FileMaker Pro as a rapid application development tool, their certified FileMaker developers can create custom applications that a business can run on their Windows or Macintosh desktop computers, in a web browser, on an iPad or iPhone or shared simultaneously on all of these platforms.
Productive Computing, Inc. also produces a customizable CRM package called Core4 CRM as well as a suite of FileMaker Pro plug-ins that allow FileMaker Pro to integrate with third party applications including Outlook, QuickBooks, Apple's Address Book and iCal, PDF forms, digital signatures and biometric fingerprint scanners.
In addition to building custom and off-the-shelf FileMaker Pro solutions and plug-ins, Productive Computing, Inc. is a full service FileMaker Pro hosting company. FileMaker hosting services allow customers to host their own FileMaker Pro solutions on Productive Computing servers in the cloud instead of purchasing and supporting the necessary server infrastructure themselves. These same servers also provide the infrastructure for customers who would prefer to subscribe to Productive Computing's Core4 CRM under a SaaS (Software as a Service) pricing model.
Productive Computing, Inc. is one of only a few companies in the United States to have earned the highly respected platinum level membership within the FileMaker Business Alliance and recently won the exclusive FileMaker Business Alliance "Partner of the Year" award.
For more information about Productive Computing, Inc. products and services, visit: http://www.productivecomputing.com