• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

What other than Enthuware?

 
Bindu Tadivaka
Ranch Hand
Posts: 43
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All

I am doing enthuware. My exam is schedule after 2 weeks.

I will be done with Enthuware and would want to do more.

What's the next best practice tests that are cost effective??

Thnaks in advance,
Bindu.
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Bindu Tadivaka wrote:I will be done with Enthuware and would want to do more.

And did you pass the mock exams?

Bindu Tadivaka wrote:What's the next best practice tests that are cost effective??

Regarding mock exams Enthuware offers probably the best quality for money. So it's unlikely that you'll find another mock exams which are as cost effective as Enthuware. In the OcajpFaq you'll find some links to other mock exams. And in this thread you'll find some suggestions as well.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel
 
Dipan Chokshi
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Bindu Tadivaka wrote:Hi All

I am doing enthuware. My exam is schedule after 2 weeks.

I will be done with Enthuware and would want to do more.

What's the next best practice tests that are cost effective??

Thnaks in advance,
Bindu.

Hey
I have started my prep for OCAJP7 today and glad that you are done with prep and about to rock and roll for final exam. All the best and please share your experience. I am in Canada and about to give exam in January 2016.

Thanks!
 
Bindu Tadivaka
Ranch Hand
Posts: 43
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thank you Roel.

I have OCA 7 study guide by Kathy&Bert and it came with 2 OCA practice tests. Do you have any idea if these tests are close to the original test or they are tougher than the original?

I thought, "OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Practice Exams" book by Kathy&Bert could help me, but looks like its only gonna be released next year :-(
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Dipan Chokshi wrote:All the best and please share your experience.

Like I mentioned already a few times, keep an eye on the OcajpWallOfFame and to the Certification Results forum. These are the most common places people will share their experiences when they have passed a certification exam.

So please stop posting requests to have other ranchers share their experiences, they definitely will once they have passed the exam on the aforementioned places. Thanks!
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Bindu Tadivaka wrote:I have OCA 7 study guide by Kathy&Bert and it came with 2 OCA practice tests. Do you have any idea if these tests are close to the original test or they are tougher than the original?

It's commonly known (thanks to people sharing their experiences on the OcajpWallOfFame) that Enthuware mock exams are more difficult than the actual OCA exam. Regarding the 2 OCA practice exams, this kind of information is not available, so it's harder to know. But one thing is definitely true: in the K&B7 practice exams not all questions mention the number of correct answers (like on the actual exam). So that often makes the questions (a little) harder.

Bindu Tadivaka wrote:I thought, "OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Practice Exams" book by Kathy&Bert could help me, but looks like its only gonna be released next year :-(

It seems it will not be released by the end of January 2016. And with a book release, there might always been some delay as well which you have to take into account. And unfortunately buying the previous edition of this book won't help you, because it's covering the OCPJP6 exam which covers much more advanced topics than the OCAJP7.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel
 
Bindu Tadivaka
Ranch Hand
Posts: 43
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thank you very much for the useful information, Roel. It helps.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic