This week's giveaway is in the Cloud/Virtualization forum. We're giving away four copies of Secure Financial Transactions with Ansible, Terraform, and OpenSCAP and have Lucian Maly on-line! See this thread for details.
Aspose development team is happy to announce the monthly release of Aspose.Words for Java &.NET 15.10.0 . This month’s release contains over 99 useful new features, enhancements and bug fixes to the Aspose.Words products. Here is a look at just a few of the biggest features and API changes in this month’s release, improvements in text wrapping around shapes and frames, improvements in rendering of Arabic and Chinese documents, improvements in rendering of shapes and EMF images, ruby is supported in HTML export, ruby import/export is supported for OpenDocument (ODT) documents, drawingML Charts can be rendered into images using ShapeRenderer, veracode security scan issues fixed, XSD schemas with cyclic dependencies are supported in documents, improvements in text wrapping around shapes and frames, improvements in rendering of Arabic and Chinese documents and parsing glyph data of OpenType(CFF) font is supported. Added new public enum member RepeatingSection to SdtType enum. Aspose.Words preserves repeating section content control during import/export. New SdtType RepeatingSection has been included in Aspose.Words. The Ruby tag has now been supported by Aspose.Words model. Aspose.Words layout model now recognize ruby text and Ruby tags are preserved during import/export. The list of new and improved features added in this release are given below
- Veracode security scan issues fixed
- XSD schemas with cyclic dependencies are supported in documents
- Improvements in text wrapping around shapes and frames
- Improvements in rendering of Arabic and Chinese documents
- Improvements in rendering of shapes and EMF images
- Ruby is supported in HTML export
- Ruby import/export is supported for OpenDocument (ODT) documents
- DrawingML Charts can be rendered into images using ShapeRenderer
- Preserve repeating section content control during open/save
- Aspose Words SdtType enumeration does not include REPEATING_SECTION
- Add support for skipping a record during mail merge
- Support ruby a.k.a phonetic guide
- CPU hangs for Document.PageCount property
- Regression Issue : StyleCollection.AddCopy
- List Bullet style issue with StyleCollection.AddCopy
- Contents do not render correctly in output Pdf file
- Extra empty pages are created after conversion from Doc to Pdf
- Ruby is improperly imported from DOCX
- Inline Shape with WrapSide as Both pushes following paragraph down in PDF
- DoNotUseHTMLParagraphAutoSpacing compatibility option is improperly read from DOC
- Redundant <c:marker>, <c:spPr>, and incorrect values appear while testing in multi-threading mode
- Support of proper reading of footnote custom reference mark in Rtf reader.
- Format of TOC entries differs when TOC is updated by Word - Paragraph marker in TOC entry has different format when updated by MS Word and AW
- /rtl/ Incorrect list labels are generated for Arabic and Hebrew number styles
- Incorrect text wrapping causes incorrect text box position and footer overlapping
- Contents of DrawingML is missing after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- Contents of OLE does not render correctly
- One tick diff in chart DateTime axis value.
- Spare <c:marker> tag is added while building Report with charts in multithread.
- Rendering mathematical formulas by OpenSymbol font.
- Spare <c:spPr> empty tag is added in multithread.
- Metrics of some shapes are changed while in multihreading enviroment
- WORDSJAVA-1152 issue was not fixed in v15.9.0
- CVS isssue: Insufficient Entropy of java.util.Random.
- CVS isssue: Improper Restriction of XML External Entity Reference (XXE).
- CVS issue: Improper Resource Shutdown or Release.
- Autoporting of Initializers.
- WORDSJAVA-1134 has not resolved in v15.9.0
- Alignment of cell's text is changed after re-saving Docx
- Table layout issue after conversion from RTF to HTML
- Document.UpdateFields does not update Title field
- Table.AllowAutoFit ignores the merged cell
- Bookmark.Text does not set the text for output Docx/Pdf
- ShapeRenderer does not render chart in output Png
- Contents of OLE does not render correctly
- Wrong font size of a symbol field after export to HTML
- Font properties of ::before pseudo-element are propagated to the HTML element itself
- ShapeRenderer.Save does not render the shape correctly
- SDT data is not preserved during open/save a DOCX
- Stamp is missing after DOCX to Html_Fixed
- Some shapes are misplaced after DOC to PDF
- Comma is reversed during rendering in Arabic language culture
- Windings font hand symbol coloring changes in PDF
- Inner Shadow Text Effect // Text effect of shape is lost in output Pdf
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET, Java & Android applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.