Just aced the Java EE 6 Web Services Developer Certified Expert Exam(OCEJWSD) with a score of 67%, Phew! I used just 12 days(with about 15hrs of study) to prepare for the exam and stated below is the study path i took which was influenced by the information i got from this great forum:
1. I read the following books for the exam
- Java Services Up and Running by Martin Kalin
- Restful Java with JAX-RS 2.0 by Bill Burke
- MZ study guide for Java EE 6
3. Below are the Quiz compilations i studied
- The Enthuware Quiz Bank for 1z0-897
- The MZ quiz for Java EE 6
- Exam clouds quiz compliations Exam Clouds
Quite a lot of ground to cover in a short period of time which makes this exam the toughest exam yet i have taken among the oracle exams i have taken.
My Achilles heel in the exam was the application of best practices to design and implement web services which i scored 7/12 and Configuration of Message Level security for a SOAP web service which i scored 3/7
Once again thanks to everyone who gave insights into how to study for the exam in this forum and also to the quiz providers which were a life saver for me.
And on a last note, I would not advice anyone to use 12 days to prepare for this exam considering the lot of ground to be covered . I did so because of time constraints.