Aspose development team is pleased to announce the new release Aspose.Imaging for Java 3.1.0. . This release allows you to convert PSD layers to PNG, JPEG and TIFF image formats. Support to export 3D entities while converting DXF to PDF has also been incorporated in this release. Using Aspose.Imaging for Java, developers can convert PSD layers to PNG, JPEG and TIFF images. Further, an exception with appropriate message will be thrown in case of unsupported layer. Following is the code snippet demonstrating how PSD layers can be converted to PNG image. Aspose.Imaging for Java now enables the developers to export 3D entities while converting a DXF file to PDF file format. TypeOfEntities enumeration now has an integer value Entities3D. Setting TypeOfEntities property of the CadRasterizationOptions class will export the 3D entities to PDF. Conversion of DWG to PDF and exception handling were already supported, however, conversion and exception handling processes have been improved further, such as EMF to PNG conversion functionality has been improved, converting color space from RGB to CMYK has been improved for JPEG images, DWG to PDF functionality has been improved, DWG to raster images functionality has been improved, maintaining image quality while resizing has been improved and functionality of HorizontalResolution & VerticalResolution properties have been improved. The main new and improved features added in this release are listed below
- Support PSD layers loading
- Add support of basic 3D entities for dxf->pdf export
- getHorizontalResolution & getVerticalResolution properties return invalid results
- Converting EMF to PNG format is not working properly [It haults for 1 hour and do not produce output file]
- Process hangs on Image.load while loading a JPEG
- ExifData and Comment properties in JpegImage class are always set to null after reading a JPEG image that contains these data
- Gif image is damaged after saving
- Image distorted after saving in Jpeg format with CMYK colorspace.
- ImageLoadException: Cannot process loading further due to incorrect file - format structure. Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection, while loading DWG
- Converting DWG to raster image formats other Tiff renders in blank image with no Layout specified
- ImageLoadException: Cannot process loading further due to incorrect file format structure. Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection, while loading DWG
- Process hangs at Image.Load while loading a JPEG
- ImageLoadException: Unable to read file. Exception: Unable to read values for 443 tag. Message : Cannot read 1051004 bytes from stream
- System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow, at Image.Resize
- ImageSaveException: Index was outside the bounds of the array, while converting BMP to JPEG
- Additional text/mtext objects are rendered near layouts
- Conversion of DWG to PDF: Result does not match with original DWG
- Conversion of DWG to PDF generated a 58MB file
- ImageSaveException: Cannot decode strip 0. Details: Cannot perform 2d decoding. Missing changes from previous row, at TiffFrame.Save
- Class IccSegment does not load embedded ICC Profile
- ImageLoadException: Cannot open an image. The image file format may be not supported at the moment, while loading a BMP
- PhotometricInterpretation not defined, while validating Aspose.Imaging's generated TIFF with JHOVE
- Tiff Loading throws exception TiffImageException: Cannot decode strip 0. Details: Cannot perform 2d decoding.
- Image quality (Sharpness) decreases while resizing the image
- PsdImage saved with blank PsdOptions and without PsdOptions are different in channels count
- Remove obsolete TiffOptions constructors
- Remove old dithering properties
- Missed the method MetafileImage.playMetafile that is used by customer.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Imaging for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Imaging for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Imaging for .NET is an image processing & manipulation component that allows developers to create, edit, draw or convert images in their .NET application. It allows developers to convert image files to PSD, BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and GIF formats. Moreover a set of pens, brushes and fonts can be used to draw images or add new elements & text to existing images. Aspose.Imaging for .NET works well with both web & windows applications. Moreover, it adds the support for Silverlight platform.