HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for Software Developers to join our growing team.
HMGCC aspires to be the best place you’ll ever work – we’ll invest heavily in your career development through technical training programmes, professional accreditation, mentoring and on-the-job training.
As a key member you’ll get to design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve real, and often unique, technical problems. As an Experienced Software Developer you’ll be expected to deliver work packages both independently and collaboratively, but always with support when needed. You may also take on the responsibility of mentoring or coaching graduate
Our work is hugely varied, with time scales for delivery ranging from a couple of weeks to a few years, so we need versatile and passionate people to tackle new problems as we continue to push new technology forward. At HMGCC you’ll see how your work can really make a difference.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with a genuine interest in computing and the ability to demonstrate good programming skills:
• C++ or C#, and .Net or;
• Java; skills in C/C++ are a plus or;
• C, C++ and/or Objective-C.
We would need you to already have:
• Practical industrial/commercial experience in one of the following:
o Linux or Android programming
o OSX/iOS programming
o Windows programming
• A solid understanding of algorithms and Object Orientated design methodologies and concepts.
• The ability to understand and intelligently debug existing Windows applications *or* OSX/iOS *or* Linux/Android and lower-level software;
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
• At least a 2:1 BSc/BEng degree or Masters in Computer Science or Software Engineering or equivalent work history.
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have experience of:
• Scripting skills such as PowerShell, Perl, Python or Ruby.
• Previous experience of TDD / agile / scrum etc.
• Solid experience of using the Eclipse IDE to develop for Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS) *or* experience of the Android Development Tools (ADT) for Android development.
• Previous experience of unit testing (Junit), IOC (Spring) and/or build (ANT, Maven) frameworks and tools.
Putting your skills to use
What makes HMGCC different is that you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in the whole process. You’ll use your skill and experience to create a wide range of components whilst working with a variety of customers and design engineers. We’ll give you the opportunity to be creative and decide how you want to get the work done, as long as you can deliver. We ask that in return you have the willingness to learn and are willing to take on responsibility.
1. Design, develop and document software to the highest standards.
2. Verify designs by creating and implementing functional tests and performing code review.
3. Provide product support and investigate reported defects.
4. Contribute to project planning and meetings.
5. Supervise or mentor less experienced engineers.
These are all done in two rounds. Your first interview will be a technical interview whereby you will have a programming test and one technical interview. This will assess your problem solving, debugging and diagnostic skills.
If you are successful at this stage, you will be invited back for an HR and Occupational Psychologist Interview.
You will receive a starting salary of between £31,215 to £35,397 (depending on your experience), plus a £5,000 welcome package in your first month’s salary. You will work 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday with flexible hours and the possibility of overtime, for which you’ll be paid. You will receive 25 days annual leave entitlement (which rises to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) with an extra 2.5 civil service privilege days.
If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
HMGCC offers a relaxed and professional environment, and informal dress code, free parking and access to a well-equipped gym and an onsite nursery. More benefits can be found on the website.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an Organisation and an employer by visiting our websites ‘https://express.candarine.com/campaign/url/forward/583e9dbbec62' page.
this is supposed to be a surprise, but it smells like a tiny ad:
how do I do my own kindle-like thing - without amazon