Win a copy of Practical SVG this week in the HTML/CSS/JavaScript forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

help with ShiroOnSwing

 
ayoub belkas
Greenhorn
Posts: 14
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi
i working whit apache shiro and since it uncharted territory for me ,so used this tutorial http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2011/10/apache-shiro-application-security-made.html
coppy the code and every thing and nothing work all i get is a java virtual machine exception and yes download all the JAR the project need and put them in path build
+ i get this error


pleas help me i was up tell 1am last night trying to figure out what's wrong
thanks in advance
 
Campbell Ritchie
Marshal
Posts: 52631
119
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
How did you add that .jar? Please show us how you are setting the classpath. You usually need to ad such .jars to the classpath.
 
ayoub belkas
Greenhorn
Posts: 14
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Campbell Ritchie wrote:How did you add that .jar? Please show us how you are setting the classpath. You usually need to ad such .jars to the classpath.

right clock ->properties->class build path>librerie->add jar
 
Tim Moores
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 3270
55
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
That is a runtime problem, not a build time problem. The runtime classpath is different from the build classpath; make sure you set that as well.
 
ayoub belkas
Greenhorn
Posts: 14
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Tim Moores wrote:That is a runtime problem, not a build time problem. The runtime classpath is different from the build classpath; make sure you set that as well.

fix that and
and i am using this project https://github.com/siagung/ShiroOnSwing from github
now i get this

 
Tim Moores
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 3270
55
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
No idea, that is not a widely used library. Make sure username and password are what you think they are, and also investigate the "currentUser" object.
 
ayoub belkas
Greenhorn
Posts: 14
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Tim Moores wrote:No idea, that is not a widely used library. Make sure username and password are what you think they are, and also investigate the "currentUser" object.

did that every thing checks out still nothing
 
Tim Moores
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 3270
55
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
So all the information in the currentUser object is OK, but still the code throws an NPE? That's odd indeed.

Are you certain that code in the "...test.testForm" package actually needs to be run? It doesn't sound like something you would invoke in a real program.
 
ayoub belkas
Greenhorn
Posts: 14
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Tim Moores wrote:So all the information in the currentUser object is OK, but still the code throws an NPE? That's odd indeed.

Are you certain that code in the "...test.testForm" package actually needs to be run? It doesn't sound like something you would invoke in a real program.

well acording to the githib page yes
 
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!