We are seeking 1st Line Support Analysts who are fluent (written and spoken) in both German and English to join Freshfields at our new Global Centre (Europe) in Manchester. This role will be responsible for providing first line support to customers across the firm and in some cases this may include supporting the firm’s clients, directly or indirectly. Their primary focus will be to ensure all calls and emails are answered promptly, requests and incidents are dealt with appropriately and all calls are adequately logged within the firm's service management system.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is a major international law firm, providing business law advice of the highest quality. We want to be the law firm that clients turn to for legal advice where it matters most, wherever in the world that may be. We deliver seamless service across borders, cultures and languages, and the launch of the Freshfields Global Centre (Europe) is central to this vision.
Our aspiration is to extend the Centre outside Europe, enabling us to give our lawyers the worldwide 24/7 support they need to deliver excellent client service.
You will be joining us at the start of this initiative, and helping to shape this new and exciting way of delivering our global services. Whatever your area of expertise, this is a place where you can be yourself and really flourish.
The IT Department is responsible for providing technology and support to enable fee earners and business services employees to operate efficiently both internally and with their clients. The IT department is comprised of two functions, Customer Services and Technology Services. These two functions work closely together with the shared goal of delivering strategic business value through the application of technology. IT operates as a global team with regional presence in most of our offices. Our centralised IT infrastructure is maintained and managed by Technology Services and Customer Services provides all business facing support and services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
The role is expected to work as part of a team, flexibly, in a rotating shift pattern between 06:45 and 00:00, providing the same high level of support, and excellent customer experience.
• Act as a single point of contact for all incoming calls and emails from customers regarding IT issues and queries
• 1st line support - troubleshooting IT relating problems for the firm’s core systems ensuring issue are logged with the required information
• Ensure all calls and emails are logging and managing within the firm’s service management system in accordance to the agreed SLAs and OLAs
• Keeping customers updated on outstanding tickets
• Taking responsibility for calls and seeing them through to completion
• Assigning incidents and requests to appropriate 2nd/ 3rd line teams after all troubleshooting steps have been exhausted
• Proactively picking up on trends from calls logged (e.g. identifying customer training needs or logging problem records on the back of multiple similar calls)
• Fluent in both German and English (written and spoken)
• Previous customer services experience working in an IT Service Desk within a large corporate environment
• Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator
• Reliable, tolerant, and determined
• Able to understand business needs and prioritise issues accordingly
• Proficient English language skills
• Ability to mitigate risks and manage issues to resolution
• A broad knowledge and interest in IT
• Ideally have worked at a large law firm, professional services firm, or investment bank. Please move to desirable
• ITIL Certifications/foundation qualified or relevant experience
• Supporting remote working, RSA Admin, terminal server
• Support experience of Blackberry, BES Admin, BYO devices using GOOD
• Previous experience of working in and supporting a Citrix environment, Citrix, Delivery Console, AppSense support experience
• Advanced experience with all MS Office 2010 applications, ideally MOS qualified
• Experience with supporting Windows 7, laptops, VPN, desktops and remote working
Our reward package is designed to offer you a competitive salary, a comprehensive range of employee benefits and the potential to receive an additional bonus each year, recognising the contribution you make to the firm.
You can choose from a variety of insurance policies, services and products to help you secure your financial future, protect your health and fitness, and make your life easier. You will receive 26 days’ holiday each year, with the option to purchase additional days, plus free access to market-leading health and wellbeing websites and services.
As you would expect, we will support you through the major events in your life, so we offer competitive maternity, flexible working and leave policies.