• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

I can not pass the exam oca803 for the second time

 
graziano aloisi
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Just today I tried for the second time l 'examination goose 803 and have rejected me again ... I despair !!!

The first time I made the 'consideration studying
on the book by Mala Gupta very well and I used the Enthuware simulator
but I scored a 55% in the course of the examination.

then I rehearsed the book and did it again
all Enthuware exercises with Leithner mode ...
Who knows Enthuware understand me ... 580 questions

all studied one by one to safety I also purchased the wizilab simulator.
I studied very hard for five months now and again but scored a dismal 56%
I baffled and are Disoriented please help me I do not understand what should I do to overcome this test

Yet even with the wizilab tests went well
High scores do not ... but could not overcome the final quiz
In this last test I found only little theory and practical exercises

Then...
Now I know the questions of wizilab and enthuware
which simulator I should buy?
Help me give me a solution

I want to get next month
I do not give up I want to be able absolutely

thank thank

Graziano
 
Paul Anilprem
Enthuware Software Support
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3820
10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
graziano aloisi wrote:Just today I tried for the second time l 'examination goose 803 and have rejected me again ... I despair !!!

The first time I made the 'consideration studying
on the book by Mala Gupta very well and I used the Enthuware simulator
but I scored a 55% in the course of the examination.

then I rehearsed the book and did it again
all Enthuware exercises with Leithner mode ...
Who knows Enthuware understand me ... 580 questions

all studied one by one to safety I also purchased the wizilab simulator.
I studied very hard for five months now and again but scored a dismal 56%
I baffled and are Disoriented please help me I do not understand what should I do to overcome this test

Yet even with the wizilab tests went well
High scores do not ... but could not overcome the final quiz
In this last test I found only little theory and practical exercises

Then...
Now I know the questions of wizilab and enthuware
which simulator I should buy?
Help me give me a solution

I want to get next month
I do not give up I want to be able absolutely

thank thank

Graziano

Please mention your whizlabs scores (first attempt). That will give some clarity about your level of expertise before someone can suggest something.

The 803 exam is not easy but not too hard either. I suspect that more mock exams will not solve your problem. You need to actually write a lot of code (try the exercises given in books) before trying the mock exams. Have you done that?

 
graziano aloisi
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
These are the test scores simulated wizilab
70 questions in 2 hours
I know you are no high scores

46.67 out of 70.00 (67%)--Diagnostic
48.42 out of 70.00 (69%)--Test1
46.17 out of 70.00 (66%)--Test2
37.50 out of 70.00 (54%)--Test3
43.00 out of 70.00 (61%)--Final test


I also have a lot of code written and studied the exercises
one by one trying to understand the errors
The thing that shocked me is that I understand very
after the first failure and such a low score
I can not accept.

Maybe I still have to write the code sample.
Is it the right way?

Yet they are a programmer and work
for years with this technology
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10666
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi graziano aloisi,

First of all, a warm welcome to CodeRanch!

graziano aloisi wrote:Just today I tried for the second time l 'examination goose 803 and have rejected me again ... I despair !!!

Sorry to hear you have failed the exam again.

graziano aloisi wrote:The first time I made the 'consideration studying
on the book by Mala Gupta very well and I used the Enthuware simulator
but I scored a 55% in the course of the examination.

Did you do the different Enthuware mock exams? What were your scores on those different exams?

graziano aloisi wrote:then I rehearsed the book and did it again
all Enthuware exercises with Leithner mode ...
Who knows Enthuware understand me ... 580 questions

Did you use Leitner mode after you have taken all different mock exams? Or did you use Leitner mode to go through all questions? I know Enthuware offers excellent value for money, but it will only be helpful if you have a good, solid understanding of all exam concepts. If your knowledge about Java and OO basics is poor, taking the Enthuware mock exams (in any mode) won't help you and in fact you'll be wasting probably the best mock exams available.

graziano aloisi wrote:I studied very hard for five months now and again but scored a dismal 56%
I baffled and are Disoriented please help me I do not understand what should I do to overcome this test

Could you explain a bit more about how you studied? How much time each day you have spent studying? Which books did you use? Did you write code snippets? Have you used an IDE or nothing but a text editor?

=graziano aloisi wrote:Now I know the questions of wizilab and enthuware
which simulator I should buy?
Help me give me a solution

With Enthuware and Whizlabs you have probably used all available simulators. In the OcajpFaq (besides other very useful information) and this thread you'll find an overview of all available resources (study guides, mock exams,...) to thorougly prepare yourself for the certification exam. And on the OcajpWallOfFame you'll find plenty of (links to) experiences from other ranchers (including resources they have used). So it can be useful to determine which resources are useful (and which are not).

=graziano aloisi wrote:I want to get next month
I do not give up I want to be able absolutely

That's the spirit! But do not rush through your preparation as you don't want to fail a third time! If you use the search function, you'll find plenty of topics with advice to prepare (and ace) the OCA exam. Here are a few:
  • Studying so hard just to fail(1z0-808)
  • Failing Java SE 8 Programmer I
  • Bad Experience with OCA 7 exams
  • Any tricks about how to manage the 120 min for so many question?
  • second failed OCAJP
  • Need some advice after failing the exam


  • Hope it helps!
    Kind regards,
    Roel
     
    Roel De Nijs
    Sheriff
    Posts: 10666
    144
    AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    graziano aloisi wrote:I know you are no high scores

    46.67 out of 70.00 (67%)--Diagnostic
    48.42 out of 70.00 (69%)--Test1
    46.17 out of 70.00 (66%)--Test2
    37.50 out of 70.00 (54%)--Test3
    43.00 out of 70.00 (61%)--Final test

    These scores are not representative for the actual exam! As you probably know the actual exam doesn't use partial scoring. You either get 1 point (you have selected all correct options) or 0 points (all other cases). If you would have taken the above tests with appropriate scoring like on the actual exam, your scores will be even lower as you can't score 0.50 or 0.17 on a question. It's either 0 points or 1 point. So you will probably have failed every mock exam. I wonder why you decide to take the actual exam once again if you didn't pass any of the mock exams

    graziano aloisi wrote:I also have a lot of code written and studied the exercises
    one by one trying to understand the errors

    How did you write the code? Using an IDE? Or did you use nothing but a text editor (together with javac and java for compiling and running your applications)?

    graziano aloisi wrote:Maybe I still have to write the code sample.
    Is it the right way?

    With such low scores you have to start studying again. And you might maybe benefit to purchase another study guide. And you definitely have to write lots of code snippets again. Learning a programming language is like driving a car: you don't learn how to drive a car by just reading a book, you have to get your hands dirty. During your preparation you should definitely write a boatload of small code snippets.

    Hope it helps!
    Kind regards,
    Roel
     
    graziano aloisi
    Greenhorn
    Posts: 4
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    it's hard to explain how much sweat and blood I threw about this preparation.
    I studied about a year from morning to night DAILY except Saturday.
    I used ets simulator test and I made ALL THE YEARS leitner Mode and all done the 'exam 55%

    Then I rehearsed all done yet leitner Mode and all tests with wizilab, still studying the book Mala Gupta made the 'consideration and 56%.
    Studied ALL DAY FOR 6 MONTHS YET !!!
    One mistake that I can blame myself is that I used Eclipse and not the command line !! I need solutions ... in the second test I felt more confident and I understand better the exercises !! Please Solutions I need solutions, not criticism, I suffered a lot of books and I am very angry!
     
    • Post Reply
    • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
    • New Topic