Win a copy of Kotlin in Action this week in the Kotlin forum!
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences <init> Java runtime error  RSS feed

 
Matthew Yeend
Ranch Hand
Posts: 111
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
I'm creating a project in Java that the aim of is to load X3D and X3DV files. The Java class does work with X3D files that don't have any URLs in, but my task is to display X3D files that do include URLs, and when I run my Java project, I get the following error:

I'm creating this project in Netbeans 8.1, and I have X3D-Edit 3.3 installed onto Netbeans. The line in my Java code that loads the X3D files is:

Of what can understand, the line that loads the X3D files is the line that's causing the problem and I don't understand how to get rid of the error. Any help would be great, thanks.
 
Campbell Ritchie
Marshal
Posts: 55751
163
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
Moving as too difficult for the Beginning forum.
 
Matthew Yeend
Ranch Hand
Posts: 111
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
How would I go about moving it?
 
Rob Spoor
Sheriff
Posts: 21092
85
Chrome Eclipse IDE Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
Re-created at http://www.coderanch.com/t/664072/java/java/java-util-prefs-WindowsPreferences-init. Next time, please wait for a staff member to move the thread for you.
 
Campbell Ritchie
Marshal
Posts: 55751
163
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
Matthew Yeend wrote:How would I go about moving it?
You don't. If I say I am moving it, then I shall do it for you.

Well 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time I make a mistake and forget to move it. But that is my mistake, so don't worry about it.
 
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!