Win a copy of Head First Android this week in the Android forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Tim Cooke
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Paul Clapham
  • Ron McLeod
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Rob Spoor
  • Bear Bibeault
Saloon Keepers:
  • Jesse Silverman
  • Tim Moores
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
Bartenders:
  • Piet Souris
  • Al Hobbs
  • salvin francis

Need your help in taking OCAJP/OCPJP

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 35
1
jQuery Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi everyone,
I have been preparing for OCAJP 8 from past 5 weeks and bought Enthuware mock test. I have been scoring 75% to 85% in every test. I am confident to clear OCAJP now. But, before buying voucher for OCAJP I want to know if I can go ahead with OCPJP certification without OCAJP. I want to get certified on OCPJP(of course after preparation). So, if OCPJP requires OCAJP then I don't have a choice . Need your guidance on OCPJP regarding study materials and preparation strategy.
 
author
Posts: 4278
34
jQuery Eclipse IDE Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
You can take the OCA and OCP exam in either order although you are not granted the title of "OCP Certified" unless you pass both exams (or take equivalent OCP 8 upgrade exam plus its prerequisite).
 
Author
Posts: 93
14
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Just to add to what Scott said, it is better to take OCAJP exam first and then take OCPJP exam - because OCAJP is easier than OCPJP.
 
Nizamuddin Shaikh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 35
1
jQuery Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thank you Jeanne and Scott Sir, for writing OCAJP 8 study material, you made the concepts very clear and understandable. I will follow your guidance and take OCAJP first. I will then proceed with OCPJP.
 
Scott Selikoff
author
Posts: 4278
34
jQuery Eclipse IDE Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Shaikh Nizamuddin wrote:Thank you Jeanne and Scott Sir, for writing OCAJP 8 study material, you made the concepts very clear and understandable. I will follow your guidance and take OCAJP first. I will then proceed with OCPJP.



Good luck on the exams! Remember to read our study tips section, it provides a lot of useful skills for taking the exam.
 
Nizamuddin Shaikh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 35
1
jQuery Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thank you Ganesh Sir, I will surely give OCAJP first now
 
Author
Posts: 13
Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
As you have prepared very well for OCAJP, I would recommend to go ahead to give the exam. One need to clear both the exams (OCAJP and OCPJP) in order to get the OCP certification. I think you are aware that OCPJP has little advanced topics and require rigorous preparation as the difficulty in clearing the OCPJP exam is relatively difficult.

Need your guidance on OCPJP regarding study materials and preparation strategy.



You will find resources in this forum wiki and also you can find useful resources here such as Getting started, suggested books, videos, articles, presentation on tips to prepare for OCP certification.

Also as you have posted a question during our book promotion week, you might win a copy of our book which will help you in preparing for OCPJP . All the best.
 
Nizamuddin Shaikh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 35
1
jQuery Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Hari Kiran Grandhe wrote:As you have prepared very well for OCAJP, I would recommend to go ahead to give the exam. One need to clear both the exams (OCAJP and OCPJP) in order to get the OCP certification. I think you are aware that OCPJP has little advanced topics and require rigorous preparation as the difficulty in clearing the OCPJP exam is relatively difficult.


Indeed I am aware. I will go ahead with the OCAJP exam and will start preparing for OCPJP.

Hari Kiran Grandhe wrote: You will find resources in this forum wiki and also you can find useful resources here such as Getting started, suggested books, videos, articles, presentation on tips to prepare for OCP certification.


Thank you very much for this information Hari Sir. I will go through it before proceeding to my exam.

Hari Kiran Grandhe wrote: Also as you have posted a question during our book promotion week, you might win a copy of our book which will help you in preparing for OCPJP . All the best.


I will make the most out of it if I get lucky

Hoping for the best I will surely come back to this post my result as soon I am done with both the exams.
 
Scott Selikoff
author
Posts: 4278
34
jQuery Eclipse IDE Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Just be precise, the original question was about whether or not you can take the OCP exam before the OCA. In that regard, you can take the exam in either order. Most people take the OCA first, but this is not required. Both are required to be OCP Certified though.
 
Nizamuddin Shaikh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 35
1
jQuery Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Scott Selikoff wrote:

Good luck on the exams! Remember to read our study tips section, it provides a lot of useful skills for taking the exam.


Thank you Sir. I will also go through the study tips section, will not proceed to exam until I am fully done preparing I will try not to give any chance to the questions in exam to trick me into wrong answer
 
Nizamuddin Shaikh
Ranch Hand
Posts: 35
1
jQuery Oracle Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Scott Selikoff wrote:Most people take the OCA first, but this is not required. Both are required to be OCP Certified though.


If I am clear with OCA/OCP strategy, preparing for OCP can be like "two birds in one shot". Giving OCA first is like a step up process to next OCP. I will indeed go with OCA first. Thank you Sir for your guidance
 
You showed up just in time for the waffles! And this tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
https://coderanch.com/wiki/718759/books/Building-World-Backyard-Paul-Wheaton
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic