• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Which book study for OCA JAVA 8 SE?

 
Fabio Piunti
Greenhorn
Posts: 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys,

i would take the OCA, but I am undecided about which book to buy. So i'm not new in java, but i I do not know it very well. So I would start from the bases.
I'm torn about two book's: This one or this one

And, There is a book with exam simulations?
 
jeetendra Choudhary
Ranch Hand
Posts: 41
Eclipse IDE Mac OS X Tomcat Server
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Fabio Piunti wrote:Hi guys,

i would take the OCA, but I am undecided about which book to buy. So i'm not new in java, but i I do not know it very well. So I would start from the bases.
I'm torn about two book's: This one or this one

And, There is a book with exam simulations?


Hi Fabio,

If you are preparing for certification I would suggest you leave the second book and take a certification book instead. The first link for the book is not working so I couldn't comment on that. There are certification books for OCA like this which are targeted for the certification exams. complete one book throughly and then take mock tests, enthuware mock tests are best for preparation. Once you complete that assess your progress and take the exam.

Best of luck for your preparation.

BR
 
Fabio Piunti
Greenhorn
Posts: 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
jeetendra Choudhary wrote:
Hi Fabio,

If you are preparing for certification I would suggest you leave the second book and take a certification book instead. The first link for the book is not working so I couldn't comment on that. There are certification books for OCA like this which are targeted for the certification exams. complete one book throughly and then take mock tests, enthuware mock tests are best for preparation. Once you complete that assess your progress and take the exam.

Best of luck for your preparation.

BR


the first link (this) was for the same book that you have adviced me. Is this a good book for beginners? The book explains in a complete and exhaustive way all arguments?
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Fabio Piunti,

Fabio Piunti wrote:i would take the OCA, but I am undecided about which book to buy. So i'm not new in java, but i I do not know it very well. So I would start from the bases.

To prepare for a certification exam, you should definitely buy a study guide dedicated to the certification exam you want to take. So if you want to take the OCAJP8 certification exam, you should buy an OCAJP study guide. But depending on your current Java level and knowledge, you might benefit from reading a Java text book (like the one by Herbert Schildt) first. So you could buy both books and use them as complementary resources. A

In the OcajpFaq (besides other very useful information) and this thread you'll find an overview of all available resources (study guides, mock exams, video courses,...) to thorougly prepare yourself for the certification exam. And on the OcajpWallOfFame you'll find plenty of (links to) experiences from other ranchers (including resources they have used). So it can be useful to determine which resources are useful (and which are not).

Fabio Piunti wrote:And, There is a book with exam simulations?

Almost every book has mock exams (exam simulations). Some of the books (like this one, the first one you have mentioned) have even more than one mock exam. But if a book only have none or just one mock exam, you can find (free and commercial) mock exams on the internet. Enthuware is without doubt the best one currently available, it offers excellent value for money.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel
 
Fabio Piunti
Greenhorn
Posts: 5
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Roel De Nijs wrote:Hi Fabio Piunti,

To prepare for a certification exam, you should definitely buy a study guide dedicated to the certification exam you want to take. So if you want to take the OCAJP8 certification exam, you should buy an OCAJP study guide. But depending on your current Java level and knowledge, you might benefit from reading a Java text book (like the one by Herbert Schildt) first. So you could buy both books and use them as complementary resources. A

In the OcajpFaq (besides other very useful information) and this thread you'll find an overview of all available resources (study guides, mock exams, video courses,...) to thorougly prepare yourself for the certification exam. And on the OcajpWallOfFame you'll find plenty of (links to) experiences from other ranchers (including resources they have used). So it can be useful to determine which resources are useful (and which are not).



Thanks for the advices, i would go with the book of Jeanne Boyarsky.
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Fabio Piunti wrote:i would go with the book of Jeanne Boyarsky.

Excellent choice!
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic