• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Errata on Page xli, Introduction, #10 (Java OCA 8 Programmer I Study Guide, Sybex)

 
Yuriy Derevyanko
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi guys,

Page xli, Introduction, #10
"Reference one points to g1 and reference two is null." should be replaced with "Reference one points to g2 and reference two is null."
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Yuriy Derevyanko,

First of all, a warm welcome to CodeRanch!

Yuriy Derevyanko wrote:Page xli, Introduction, #10
"Reference one points to g1 and reference two is null." should be replaced with "Reference one points to g2 and reference two is null."

You are spot-on! But this errata item was reported earlier and is already listed on the official errata overview of this study guide.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel
 
Yuriy Derevyanko
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
1
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Roel De Nijs wrote: But this errata item was reported earlier and is already listed on the official errata overview of this study guide.

Please pay attention that there is also mistake in the suggested correction of above mentioned sentence on official site.
In the book the sentence starts like this: "Reference one points to g1"
Corrected version on official site (suggested by Mushfiq Mammadov) is the following: “Reference two points to g1”
But, in reality it should be corrected like this: "Reference one points to g2"
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 10662
144
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Yuriy Derevyanko wrote:Corrected version on official site (suggested by Mushfiq Mammadov) is the following: “Reference two points to g1”
But, in reality it should be corrected like this: "Reference one points to g2"

As you can see from this topic about the errata item, Mushfiq (and I) reported it correctly. But it seems Jeanne made a typo by adding it to the official overview. So you have spotted an errata of an errata Have a cow for noticing (and reporting) this issue!
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Marshal
Posts: 35279
384
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Fixed the errata. Thanks. (I'm not that careful in posting the errata so this stuff happens)
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic