Win a copy of Kotlin in Action this week in the Kotlin forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

DOS does't run it properly  RSS feed

 
Robert Woehl
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
People, why the MS-DOS doesn't run this code from the beginning? It runs but starts showing the loop from the 59th time and on. Compile it and check it out.

 
Fred Kleinschmidt
Bartender
Posts: 560
9
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
How many lines do you have the console set to save/show? It probably does start at 99, but the first 40 lines have rolled off the top of the console.
 
Carey Brown
Bartender
Posts: 2980
46
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser Java MySQL Database VI Editor Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Looks like your results overflowed the screen buffer resulting in the first 58 lines being displayed, but then discarded. Redirect your output using '>'. Like

and then edit the 'tmp.txt' file.
 
Robert Woehl
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Carey Brown wrote:Looks like your results overflowed the screen buffer resulting in the first 58 lines being displayed, but then discarded. Redirect your output using '>'. Like

and then edit the 'tmp.txt' file.


It worked in the tmp.text. Thank you.
 
Robert Woehl
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Fred Kleinschmidt wrote:How many lines do you have the console set to save/show? It probably does start at 99, but the first 40 lines have rolled off the top of the console.


I don't know how many lines the console is set to show. But even rolling up to the top it starts from the 59TH loop. The code runs OK on NetBeans though.
 
fred rosenberger
lowercase baba
Bartender
Posts: 12541
48
Chrome Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If you rt-click in the (on my machine) blue bar at the top, there is a "properties" option. Under the "layout" tab, you will see "screen buffer size". I set my height to 9999.
 
Junilu Lacar
Sheriff
Posts: 11125
160
Android Debian Eclipse IDE IntelliJ IDE Java Linux Mac Spring Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Try this: How to change screen buffer size in DOS command prompt
 
Robert Woehl
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
fred rosenberger wrote:If you rt-click in the (on my machine) blue bar at the top, there is a "properties" option. Under the "layout" tab, you will see "screen buffer size". I set my height to 9999.

Perfect, it worked. Thank you.
 
Robert Woehl
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Junilu Lacar wrote:Try this: How to change screen buffer size in DOS command prompt

Now it worked, thank you.
 
It is sorta covered in the JavaRanch Style Guide.
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!