The latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET (11.5.0) has been released. One of the customers recently had a requirement to show warning when fonts are substituted. This is a useful feature in tests, as it allows to fail the tests faster if the font is missing, rather than having to track down why the result looks incorrect. In order to cater this requirement, the following members are added in Document class to get notifications about font substitutions. When we iterate through form fields, the fields are returned in the order in which they were created. However recently we had a requirement to retrieve them in the tab order, if the tab order has been set manually in the PDF file. In order to accomplish this requirement, two properties are added in our API. As well as the enhancements and features discussed above, there have been specific improvements regarding PDF to PDF/A, PDF to HTML, XPS to PDF, HTML to PDF, FootNote rendering, Text manipulation and Image placement/manipulation in PDF document. The list of important new and improved features are given below
- Get warnings for font substitution
- How to retrieve form field in tab order
- Accept method of Page class throws NotImplemented Exception
- HTML to PDF - Exception during conversion
- XPS to PDF: ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The parameter value must be greater than zero.
- FontAbsorber object throws ArugmentOutOfRange Exception
- PDF to PDFA throws OutOfMemoryException
- PDF to PDFA: PDFto PDFA file results in out of memory exception
- Data missing when row spans from one page to next
- Spacing between Heading user label and heading.Textfragments
- Size of PDF is large when adding image to PDF Bug
- PComplex large footnote are not rendering correctly
- Footnote issue in multi-column PDF is not working
- Footnotes larger than a single page truncate footnote text of these footnotes except last Footnote
- PDF to HTML: signature information is missing in resultant HTML
- PDF to HTML: data missing in resultant page
- PDF to HTML: form fields data is missing in resultant HTML pages
- Issue in different style of UserLable and TextSegment in Heading
- PDF to HTML: empty HTML is being generated
- PDF to HTML: contents are missing in the resultant HTML
- HTML to PDF: InputEncoding property value does not override HTML file encoding
- PDF to HTML: resultant HTML contains distorted images
- PDF to PNG: results a scrambled image
- HTML to PDF: An empty Pdf file is being generated, using URL to Pdf conversion
- PDF to PDF/A_3a - Resultant file is not PDF/A compliant
- Not all fields become flattened in DOM aproach
- Html to PDF conversion is making the url lowercase
- PDF to PDF/A - Page contents are removed in resultant file
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Pdf for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Pdf for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Pdf is a .Net Pdf component for the creation and manipulation of Pdf documents without using Adobe Acrobat. Create PDF by API, XML templates & XSL-FO files. It supports form field creation, PDF compression options, table creation & manipulation, graph objects, extensive hyperlink functionality, extended security controls, custom font handling, add or remove bookmarks; TOC; attachments & annotations; import or export PDF form data and many more. Also convert HTML, XSL-FO and MS WORD to PDF.