We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for Java 9.4.0 . The API can now read VBA project information such as references information, modules information and module attributes information. Since the Java API is auto-ported from its equivalent .NET version, the internal functionality of the API fixes a number of bugs that further improve the overall stability of the API. This month’s release provides the capability to read VBA project information from a Microsoft Project document. The API’s VbaProject class provides the interface for reading this information such as Name, Description, complication arguments and context Id. In order to read the references information from the document’s VBA project, the getReferences() method exposed by the VbaProject class can be used. It returns a collection of all the references contained in the VBA project that can be further traversed for information such as Name and Library identifiers. Module information from a VBA project of a document can be retrieved using the getModules() method of the VbaProject class. It returns a collection of modules contained in the VBA project. Each module can then be retrieved as an instance of IVbaModule that can be used to retrieve information such as module name and source code. Each module, represented by IVbaModule, gets you access to its attributes information such as Key and values. The getAttributes() method of IVbaModule class can be used to retrieve this information for the selected module. This month’s release also fixes a number of bugs that were reported by our valued customers with the last version of the API. This further aids to the stability of the API in terms of sustainable functionality. Below is the complete list of bug fixes and enhanced features included in this release.
- Implemented ExntendedAttributeDefinition.CalculationType, ExtendedAttributeDefinition.RollupType writing to mpp
- Implemented ExntendedAttributeDefinition.CalculationType, ExtendedAttributeDefinition.RollupType reading from mpp
- Option to read Vba from mpp
- Support Formula Calculation with different types of the ExtendedAttribute
- Implement field type converter for the Formula Calculation
- Calculation of the formula is not correct
- Duration Roll up Type/Calculation Type/Duration Format not retained in XML
- Off days shown as working for a resource calendar
- Loading MPP Takes more time when License is set
- Setting Tsk.NotesRTF doesn't save the notes value
- Wrong formula calculation
- Formula for custom field type Start not saved when Duration is used
- StackOverflowException while reading MPP file
- Reading MPP file raises Exception
- Wrong resource assignment units work per day
- Calculation Mode:None, Child duration displayed in minutes
- Wrong outlinecode reading
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical Java Project management component that enables Java applications to read, write & manage Project documents without utilizing MS Project. It supports reading MS Project Template (MPT) files as well as allows exporting project data to HTML, BMP, PNG, JPEG, PDF, TIFF, XPS, XAML and SVG formats. It reads & writes MS Project documents in both MPP & XML formats. Developers can read & change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations & calendars.