- Easy to extend by building modules/plugins without having to spend a lot of time to learn the framework/application.
- Use modules or plugins to build modular functionality and reuse previous code.
- The framework/application manages and runs the plugins or modules based on schedule or external events.
- Easy to use and configure e.g. having a graphical user interface instead of "configuration by files".
- Running on multiple OS e.g. Windows and Linux.
I am interested in finding ways to quickly and easily build backend/server applications by reusing modules/plugins and combining these to do different things e.g. implementing a web service api , running batch jobs syncing data that needs
some modification etc. Basically backend or server type of tasks or processes.
The solutions I found so far that most closely matches the requirements were mostly OSGI based.
If it helps anyone we did some searching and decided to go with the commercial solution DataMinder https://dataminder.pro It looks promising as a framework to quickly build backend functionality using plugins.
Stephan van Hulst
posted 2 years ago
Cool, thanks for getting back to us Bob. Good luck!