The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 16.11.0 has been released. It has added the support for the creation of custom subtotal labels allowing the application developers to customize the labels according to the region or personal preferences. In order to provide this feature, the latest version of the Aspose.Cells for Java has exposed the GlobalizationSettings class offering the following 2 methods which can be overridden in a custom class to get desired labels for the Subtotals. The GlobalizationSettings class offers the getOtherName method which is useful to give the “Other” label of Pie charts a custom value. The code snippet on blog announcement page defines a custom class and overrides the getOtherName method to get a custom label based on default language set for JVM. The provided code snippet on blog announcement page loads an existing spreadsheet containing a Pie chart, and renders the chart to image while utilizing the CustomSettings class created above. This release has exposed the CellsFactory class which currently has one method, that is; createStyle. The CellsFactory.createStyle method can be used to create an instance of Style class without adding it to the pool of workbook styles. Aspose.Cells.GridWeb for Java 16.11.0 has exposed getHyperlink method to the GridHyperlinkCollection class that allows getting the instance of GridHyperlink by either passing an instance GridCell or a pair of integers corresponding to the row column indices. It has fixed a few critical bugs as well as enhanced its core for more stability. A few of the worth mentioning enhancements includes, support for MINIFS & MAXIFS functions, ability to manipulate Workbook’s Absolute Path and enhanced Chart2Image module for accuracy of object positioning. This release includes several enhanced features and bug fixes as listed below
- Support Subtotal/Total labels in other languages
- Cell's text overflows to next cell
- CalculateFormula has issue to recalculate cells with reference to cells with formulas
- Hebrew control characters are not rendered correctly in PDF
- XLS to PDF conversion is taking too much time
- Layout problem when converting spreadsheet to PDF
- X-axis labels are overlapping with Legend when rendered to PDF
- Picture does not scale well and its SVG file is not correct
- Incorrect rendering of Chart while converting spreadsheet to HTML
- Spaces are omitted from text in PNG output of Chart
- Selection or check state not saved when saving to PDF
- Text and text alignment is messed up in the file (01_the_manure_tool_baltic_20131215_incl_logo.xlsx)
- Extending MS Excel table/ list object changes cells formatting
- Adding Arc to a new Workbook generates a potentially unsafe spreadsheet
- Table column resolving broken if containing '['
- Issue with extending Excel Table/List Object content regarding formulas
- Incorrect formula returned from a worksheet cell
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.