We are pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Diagram for Java 16.11.0 . This new version of the API has come with improved performance along with new features. It allows developers to insert a text shape anywhere in the Visio drawing. Developers can also retrieve ActiveX controls, like command button, combobox, checkbox, listbox, textbox, spin button, radio button, label, image, toggle button and scrollbar from a Visio drawing, and then change their properties. Developers would also notice an improvement in converting VSD diagrams to PDFs. There is no way to add text directly in the Visio drawing. Users can add text through creating the text shapes like on the Home tab, under Tools group, click “A Text” button, and then draw in the Visio drawing. Developers can add this feature in their project applications using Aspose.Diagram API. From now onward, they may not add any alternative shapes from the stencil files. The last two API versions (6.8.0 and 16.10.0) have support of adding an ActiveX control in the Visio drawing. Developers were not able to retrieve an ActiveX control from an existing Visio drawing to modify it. Using this new API version, they can retrieve a Visio shape as usual like in the earlier versions, additionally can retrieve an ActiveX control from a Visio shape object, and then modify its properties. This release includes several enhanced features and bug fixes as listed below
- Performance issue with exporting a VSD to PDF.
- Can't set the width and height of an ActiveX button in the VSDM.
- VSD to VDX conversion, an invalid resultant file is created.
- VSDX to PDF export - Solid lines of shapes are converted to dashed lines.
- A black strip comes in place of the text on converting a VSD page to PNG.
- A black stripe appears in place of the top right corner text on converting a VSD page to PNG.
- The menu icons are not properly visible on converting Visio pages to SVGs.
- The black strips appear in place of the Form's text items on converting Visio pages to SVGs.
- Shapes become invisible on grouping and saving in VSDM.
- Missing shapes on converting a VST to PDF.
- The background color of the page is not being preserved on converting a VSD to SVG.
- Open and Save VSDX - the cross signs appear in place various shapes.
- Open and save VSDX - the text of the shape turns into dummy characters.
- Can't add shape menu item (action).
- The connectors are not being connected properly in a VSDM.
- The text items are not aligned on saving a Visio in PDF.
- The width of connector lines is changed on saving a Visio in PDF.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Diagram for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Diagram for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Diagram is a class library for working with MS Visio files & is a pure Java alternate for MS Visio Object Model. It is a standalone Visio Java library and does not depend on Microsoft Office Visio. It enables developers to work with VSD & VDX files and they can open files & Add & manipulate the elements of the diagram, export Visio files to PDF, XML, HTML, images format, SVG & several other formats, Rotate a shape, Add a hyperlink to a Visio shape, protect diagram shape and many more. Aspose.Diagram can be used with any kind of application, whether it’s a Web Application or a Windows Desktop Application.