Help coderanch get a
new server
by contributing to the fundraiser
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Problems with console after configuring an LDAP Authentication Provider.(Urgent)

 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 977
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,

We're having a problem here that I have never seen before, weblogic 7.0 SP4 is used to host a MetaSolv application called ObjecTel.

First we configure an IPlanet Authentication Provider to get users from LDAP Directory, the configurations does work well but the problem is that after doing the configuration if we try to access the Users tree under: Security>>Realms>>myrealm>>users
the console simply get stucked and stops answering, even if we try to open a new browser window and access it, it doesn't work anymore, the only way we find out to get it working again is with a server reboot and that's not an option because it is a production server. The server is still running and we can connect to it using the weblogic.Admin tool and also the application keep running.
Any clues on this? I'm Really lost here.... :-(

Also I didn't find the bug reports for weblogic 7, anyone knows where is it?

Thanks in advance,
Marcos Maia.
 
Marcos Maia
Ranch Hand
Posts: 977
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

Just got an answer from BEA office. It's a bug withing WL7.0 SP4(only) with IPlanet Authenticator Provider. I just received a new .jar with the following instructions:

- the .jar that follows should only be applied under the admin server(if running a clustered environment), doesn't need to apply it on the managed servers.
- Make a security copy from the .jar wlSecutiryProviders.jar, should be under %WL_HOME%/server/lib/mbeantypes.
- Stop all servers.
- Place the new wlSecurityProviders.jar under %WL_HOME%/server/lib/mbeantypes.
- Alter the servers initialization scripts placing the new .jar on the first ocurrence for the CLASSPATH on them.
- Restart servers and verify the admin console accessing the users tab, it should fix the problem. The solution have been already approved by the BEA Q.A team.
- VERY IMPORTANT ==>> This aplies ONLY for WLS 7.0 SP4.

I'll try it tonigth after all users are gone (it's an intranet app) and let you know if it worked.
 
Don't sweat petty things, or pet sweaty things. But cuddle this tiny ad:
We need your help - Coderanch server fundraiser
https://coderanch.com/t/782867/Coderanch-server-fundraiser
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic