This week's book giveaways are in the Jython/Python and Object-Oriented programming forums. We're giving away four copies each of Machine Learning for Business: Using Amazon SageMaker and Jupyter and Object Design Style Guide and have the authors on-line! See this thread and this one for details.
3 T extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
1 t ground cumin
1 t sweet paprika
⅛ t cayenne, or to taste
1 (28-ounce) can whole plum tomatoes with juices, squeezed into pieces
4 grinds black pepper, more as needed
6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
6 large eggs
chopped scallion, cilantro, or parsley for garnishing
Tabasco sauce, for serving
1. Heat oven to 400ºF.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper, and sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt.
3. Cook until very soft, about 20 minutes.
4. Add garlic and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Stir in cumin, paprika and cayenne, and cook 1 minute.
6. Pour in tomatoes and season with pepper; simmer until tomatoes start to thicken, about 10 minutes.
7. Stir in crumbled feta.
8. Gently nestle eggs into tomato mixture.
9. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are just set, about 10 minutes.
10. Sprinkle with chopped scallions and serve with hot sauce.