• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

OCA / OCP Practice Tests: Exam 1Z0-808 and Exam 1Z0-809 Promo Question  RSS feed

 
Thomas Zink
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I have your books and have started going through the OCA subjects and questions. I also purchased the Enthuware software for OCA.
The Subject questions at the end of the chapters are pretty challenging.  They frequently trip me up and send me back to the content in the chapters for a double take.
1.  Is your new book a lot more subject questions?
I have also used the web version of the questions and answers that are duplicates of the books.
2.  Is there a web version of the book too?
3. Does anyone ever really get sent the books or practice exam awards from the promos in Java Ranch?
I won one and I was told it would get sent when all the people that won reply.  What if everyone doesn't reply
Thanks for all your work on the Forums! I frequently find an answer to a study question.
 
Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Posts: 11338
177
AngularJS Chrome Eclipse IDE Hibernate Java jQuery MySQL Database Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thomas Zink wrote:The Subject questions at the end of the chapters are pretty challenging.  They frequently trip me up and send me back to the content in the chapters for a double take.

That's exactly the purpose of this kind of questions! These questions' raison d'etre is making sure you have a solid grasp of all concepts and exam topics covered in that chapter.

Thomas Zink wrote:1.  Is your new book a lot more subject questions?

Yes!

Thomas Zink wrote:I have also used the web version of the questions and answers that are duplicates of the books.

It's a known fact that the online questions are the same as in the book. It's mainly about which format you prefer to take them in.

Thomas Zink wrote:2.  Is there a web version of the book too?

Yes! But the online questions are exactly the same as in the book.

Thomas Zink wrote:3. Does anyone ever really get sent the books or practice exam awards from the promos in Java Ranch?
I won one and I was told it would get sent when all the people that won reply.  What if everyone doesn't reply

Yes, without any doubt! I have won multiple times and every time I received my prize. You can even follow the status of each promo on the BookPromotionsWinnersPage.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Sheriff
Posts: 37252
519
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Note that the questions in the Practice Exam book are different from that of the Study Guides. And for the Practice Exam book, the web interface is the same as the printed book.

For the Study Guides, the three mock exams were only available online. So those questions were different. It was the end of chapter questions that were the same online.
 
Jeanne Boyarsky
author & internet detective
Sheriff
Posts: 37252
519
Eclipse IDE Java VI Editor
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Also, please email the account that you send your "prize claim" into so we can check up on it. (Once enough time has passed.) When you sent in your winner info, the book promo team replied with a form letter saying when to expect the book.
 
Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
Boost this thread!