Aspose development team is happy to announce the monthly release of Aspose.Words for Java.Android 17.3.0 . Aspose.Words for Java.Android 17.3 sees the codebase better tweaked and the core functionality closer to Aspose.Words for .NET/Java 17.3, which is the product that Aspose.Words for Java.Android is ported from. Here is a look at just a few of the biggest features and API changes in this month’s release, Reading of GIFs has been improved, Support of Linear Gradient, Inserts online video in the document , Added functionality to set thread-local (and Aspose.Words application only), Full support for Word 2013 documents (round-trip to/from DOCX), Variables support and more new features are introduced in LINQ Reporting Engine, Stroke weight is now taken into account while rendering auto-sized Textboxes, Implemented next round of improvements in table grid algorithm, Improved table breaking logic in compatibility mode for tables with header rows, Improved table breaking logic for tables with nested tables in a cell with bottom margin set, Improved tables breaking logic for tables with vertically merged cells having horizontal borders and Implemented fitText option for table cells. Previous Versions 1.11 and 1.12 were manually divided into two parts: jar and apk in order to limit the number of methods in DEX file. In these versions, Aspose team provided own apk loader to initiate the correct loading of the additional classes.dex file. Now starting from the previous release Aspose.Words for Java.Android is delivered as a single JAR file, It has started to reduce the size of Aspose.Words for Java.Android library. The major concern now is to reduce the number of methods without loss of functionality. Aspose team is constantly working on improving the quality and usability of Aspose.Words for Java.Android. The list of new and improved features added in this release are given below
- Reading of GIFs has been improved
- Support of Linear Gradient
- Performance improvements
- VideoInserter (Inserts online video in the document) .
- Added functionality to set thread-local (and Aspose.Words application only) - Locale and TimeZone. CurrentThreadSettings public API class added for this.
- new public OfficeMath properties: MathObjectType, Justification, DisplayType
- Full support for Word 2013 documents (roundtrip to/from DOCX)
- Variables support and more new features are introduced in LINQ Reporting Engine.
- Stroke weight is now taken into account while rendering auto-sized Textboxes.
- Implemented next round of improvements in table grid algorithm.
- Improved table breaking logic in compatibility mode for tables with header rows.
- Improved table breaking logic for tables with nested tables in a cell with bottom margin set.
- Improved tables breaking logic for tables with vertically merged cells having horizontal borders.
- Implemented fitText option for table cells.
- TestAcrobatAntialiasingGif doesn't work
- LinearGradient doesn't work as expected
- Text and its bounds are incorrect positioned
- Black square instead of the picture
- WordArts' outlines are filled with black
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for Java.Android documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Words for Java.Android is a Word Document Processing API enabling you to perform a great range of document processing tasks directly within your Android applications. Aspose.Words for Java.Android API supports processing native Microsoft Word formats such as DOC, DOCX, OOXML, TXT, RTF - other formats such as HTML, OpenDocument ODT, PDF, EPUB, XPS, SWF and all image formats (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, SVG, SWG). With Aspose.Words for Java.Android API - easily generate, modify, convert and render Microsoft Word processing documents.