This week's book giveaways are in the Jython/Python and Object-Oriented programming forums. We're giving away four copies each of Machine Learning for Business: Using Amazon SageMaker and Jupyter and Object Design Style Guide and have the authors on-line! See this thread and this one for details.
2 lbs pickling cucumbers (or other firm, small cucumbers)
1/2 yellow onion, sliced
2 red jalapeño peppers (or other red chiles of choice), sliced
3 T kosher salt
2 c sugar
2 c white distilled vinegar
1/4 c water 2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 T mustard seeds
1 t celery seeds
1/8 t ground cloves
1/2 t turmeric
1 t black peppercorns
1. Slice cucumbers into 1/4” slices.
2. Mix cucumbers, onions and chiles in a bowl with salt. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
3. Pour into a colander and rinse well for about 3 minutes.
4. In a large saucepan place all remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling. Simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Toss in cucumber mixture, and bring to just boiling.