2 T olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, fine dice
3 carrots, fine dice
1 can tomato paste
3 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
4 c chicken broth
3/4 cup cream
pepper to taste
fresh basil leaves, julienned, to taste
grated cheddar or other cheese
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven or other large pot. Sweat onions, carrot and garlic.
2. Add tomato paste and cook into vegetables until fond starts to form.
3. Add canned tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil.
4. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Immersion blend the vegetables into a smooth texture.
6. Add cream and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes.
7. Add basil.
Serve with breadsticks, garnished with cheese and chopped basil.