1T olive oil
4 slices pancetta
1/2 large onion
3/4 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, bite-sized dice
1/2 c water 2 bay leaves
3 c half and half
1 c cream
3 T buttermilk powder ¹
4 ears corn, kerneled and milked
1 T white wine or champagne vinegar
1/4 c cilantro, chopped (optional)
1 T paprika (optional)
1/4 t white pepper
1. Heat olive oil in Dutch oven. Add pancetta and cook until crisp. Remove meat and reserve.
2. Cook onion in remaining fat until softened but not browned.
3. Add potatoes and water. Cook until water is evaporated.
4. Add bay leaves, milk, cream and buttermilk powder. Cook until potatoes are cooked through.
5. Add corn and cook for another five minutes.
6. Discard bay leaves.
7. Run about half of the potatoes and corn through a food mill (or blender with some of the liquid). Return to pan.
8. Add vinegar, cilantro, paprika and white pepper.
9. Thicken with corn starch slurry.
Serve with breadsticks, and garnish with reserved pancetta and cilantro leaves.