The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 17.5.0 has been released. This release includes many new features and enhancements along with some critical bug fixes that further improve the overall stability of the API. It is also recommend for clients to use the powerful Aspose for Java APIs directly in their Maven Projects with simple configurations. Aspose.Cells now allows users to create PDF with PDF/A-1a – Level A (accessible) conformance. It already supports PDF/A-1b – Level B (basic) conformance. Following code snippet demonstrates how to convert an Excel file to PDF compatible with PDFA-1a. Sometimes developers want to remove existing Printer Settings in Excel file. These settings are found inside the “[file “root”]\xl\printerSettings” folder in the form of .bin files. Aspose.Cells can remove existing printer settings in the Excel workbook. There is no direct option available to create custom paper sizes in MS Excel, however users can set custom paper size of the desired worksheets when rendering Excel file to PDF file format. The documentation article explains how to set custom paper size of a worksheet using Aspose.Cells APIs. Earlier, Aspose.Cells does not shift first row down when inserting rows. But for some users’ requirements, it has supported this feature now. When users copy worksheet into another worksheet, then page setup settings of the source worksheet are not copied to destination worksheet. Please use PageSetup.copy() method to copy the setting of the page setup from source to destination worksheet. Below are some important new features, enhancement and bug fixes part of this release.
- Change the language of the predefined words for Pivot Table
- Options to embed the hyperlink in an Excel cell
- NullPointerException occurs when the filter exists outside of the named range
- Copying a worksheet unhides filtered rows in the output HTML file
- Contents are shown differently (some text is missing) in non IE browsers (e.g Google chrome) - Excel to HTML rendering
- Conditional formatting is lost when refreshing PivotTable in the spreadsheet
- Conditional formatting style is broken
- Excel formula is not working properly - it is shown as 6 instead of 0
- Saving XLS file with graphs uses 100% CPU
- Title is obscured by the trend labels in the output PDF
- Workbook.getFonts() shows additional fonts after reload the same spreadsheet
- Merging/Copying to Excel sheets - Spaces in the beginning of the cells are not getting retained
- Invalid string in the file - error occurs on opening an Excel file
- Names of some public methods parameters changed in the newer version
- Worksheet.autoFitColumns() does not work well with the cells having line breaks
- Sorting the Excel file containing comments corrupts the output Excel file
- Sorting comments causes "Excel found unreadable content...." error when opening the output file into MS Excel
- Subscript and superscript issues in OpenOffice ODS file when converting to HTML or PDF
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.