4 quarts fresh peppers, mixed varieties of spicy and sweet to taste
4 c white vinegar
3 c water 2 c of light oil (such as grapeseed or light olive oil)
3/4 c salt
4 cloves garlic
fresh oregano to taste
1. Mix vinegar, water, oil, salt, garlic and oregano in a pan large enough to hold everything.
2. Cut off the tops of the peppers, seed them, and slice them to bite-sized. Add peppers to liquid mixture.
3. Soak peppers overnight (or at least 12 hours) in liquid mixture.
4. Sterilize jars in boiling water for 10 minutes.
5. Pack peppers into jars and top with liquid; make sure each jar gets a garlic clove.
pretty cool stuff, simple, nice to taste, and they remain long time fresh, the way to consume that is my favorite is with some bread, a super fast break from a movie or a coding bug, 10 sec to prepare. This evening I am going to enjoy them roasted on my nice electric grill.
We coders are all geniuses. Sometimes misunderstood, others humble, introvert or without focus, but how much light abide in our curiosity?(me)
Is the vinegar strong enough? I would have thought pickles should keep on an ordinary shelf, at least in the shade, without needing refrigeration.
How strong is your vinegar? I can get “pickling” vinegar containing 6% acetic acid.