This week's book giveaway is in the Reactive Progamming forum. We're giving away four copies of Reactive Streams in Java: Concurrency with RxJava, Reactor, and Akka Streams and have Adam Davis on-line! See this thread for details.
Aspose Newsletter for July 2017 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases. It also includes information about adding 40+ Barcodes in an SQL Reports using Visual Studio 2017, Filtering data in a Worksheet and Calculate Formulas in a Workbook, Rendering Complex Portions of a Word Document to Image format in Cloud, Generate and Export 10 More Barcodes in JasperReports, code example for Rotating Text inside Table Cell of a .NET PDF Document and How to Add Custom Flags to an Email Message using IMAP and more.
Add 40+ Barcodes in your SQL Reports using Visual Studio 2017
Just load Aspose.BarCode.ReportingServices.dll into Visual Studio 2017 toolbox and design SQL reports with barcode in it. Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services is a comprehensive .NET solution for rendering linear and 2D barcode images within Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008, 2012 and 2014 Reporting Services. These barcode labels with encoded non-English characters can be rendered in BMP, JPEG, GIF and PNG formats. Users can follow these simple instructions to configure Visual Studio 2017 with Aspose.BarCode. Additionally users can go through Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services documentation for further learning and guidance. Download Free Trial .
Filter data in a Worksheet and Calculate Formulas in a Workbook
Aspose.Cells for Cloud is a platform independent REST API allowing developers to process Excel files on Cloud. The AutoFilter API filters data by Cell Value, Cell Color or by Icon and users can also calculate all formulas in a workbook using CalculateFormula API (Formula calculation engine is embedded in Aspose.Cells).
Rendering Complex Portions of a Word Document to Image format in Cloud
Aspose.Words for Cloud now makes it possible to render portions of a word document, paragraph or section to an image format of your choice. Work with Microsoft Word Documents using the language and platform of your choice as it comes with SDKs written in 9 different languages. Continue reading here
Generate and Export 10 More Barcodes in JasperReports
Aspose.BarCode for JasperReports adds 10 new popular barcode symbologies (SwissPostParcel, Italian Post 25, Matrix, Italian Post 25, Code32 etc) in this release. Aspose.BarCode for JasperReports now implemented a single predefined field that contains the set of fields from datasource. There is no more mixing of values for fields like CodeText and Symbology. Read more here
Support for 64-bit Versions of Windows Included in Aspose.Cells for C++
Aspose.Cells for C++ now supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows for desktop (e.g XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10) and server operating systems (e.g 2003, 2008, 2012). You may use Aspose.Cells for C++ APIs to build any type of 32-bit and 64-bit C++ application. Continue reading here .
Code Example: How to Rotate Text inside Table Cell of a .NET PDF Document?
Table is one of the widely used elements inside PDF document to represent data and sometimes we have a requirement to rotate the text inside at 90 degrees inside and render it in the table cell. .NET Code sample .
Code Example: How to Add RichMediaAnnotation in a Java PDF Document?
Aspose.Pdf for Java supports adding RichMediaAnnotation to embed media files within the PDF document and sets video or audio player implemented as flash application. Read more here .
Code Example: How to Add Custom Flags to an Email Message using IMAP?
Aspose.Email introduces a new feature in this release – adding custom flags to an email message on the server using the API’s ImapClient. Custom flags can be added to a message via AddMessageFlags method using ImageMessageFlags. Try out fully functional .NET and Java: code examples .
Code Example: How to Create PDF with PDF/A-1a in .NET and Java?
Aspose.Cells now supports PDF/A-1a compliance in PdfSaveOptions, thus allowing creating PDF with PDF/A-1a – Level A (accessible) conformance. It already supports PDF/A-1b – Level B (basic) conformance. These code snippets in .NET and Java demonstrate how to convert an Excel file to PDF compatible with PDFA-1a.
Code Example: How to Print a PDF Document to Greyscale in .NET Applications?
PdfViewer class in Aspose.Pdf.Facades offers the feature to print PDF documents. Developers can print the file in default colors on a printer that is already configured with the system. Now users can also print PDF files in Grayscale using PrintAsGrayscale property in PdfViewer class. Try this code snippet for further details.
Code Example: How to Export 3D Scene to GLTF 2.0 and Customize Non-PBR Material Conversion in .NET?
With Aspose.3D for .NET API – developers can start transition of 3D models to GLTF 2.0 to reap performance, portability and to gain quality benefits. GLTF 2.0 only supports PBR materials considering a flexible way for 3D content creators to specify the rendering characteristics of their surfaces. During the export of a 3D model, Aspose.3D API internally converts non-PBR materials to PBR materials. Try this code example .
Updates about new product releases
- Aspose.Total for .NET - a compilation of Aspose latest .NET products.
- Aspose.Total for Java - a compilation of Aspose latest Java products.
- Aspose.Total for Cloud - The latest versions of Apose Cloud products.
- Aspose.Total for Android - a compilation of Apose latest Android APIs.
- Aspose.Total for SharePoint - a compilation of Aspose latest SharePoint products.
- Aspose.Total for Reporting Services - a compilation of Aspose latest Reporting Services products.
- Aspose.Total for JasperReports - a compilation of Aspose latest JasperReports products.
- Aspose.Words for .NET and Java - Improved rendering of SVG images within Word documents.
- Aspose.Words for Android via Java 17.6 Fully functional and features rich same like Aspose.Words for Java.
- Aspose.Words for Android via Xamarin 17.6 - Fully functional and features rich like Aspose.Words for .NET.
- Aspose.BarCode for Cloud 17.4 - Generate ClodablockF barcode and support of base64 encoded images.
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET 17.5 - Improved Microsoft Project data writing to MPP file.
- Aspose.Diagram for .NET and Java - Apply 3D rotation effects on Microsoft Visio shapes.
- Aspose.OCR for .NET 17.6 - Improved OCR engine for faster processing of OCR (Optical Character Recognition).
- Aspose.Slides for .NET, Java, SharePoint, Reporting Services and JasperReports 17.5 - Set Header / Footer on individual slides level for normal, layout and master slides.
Supporting User Groups and Conferences
Aspose is sponsoring a number of user groups and upcoming events, including:
– July 21st: Tulsa TechFest 2017 – Tulsa, OK – USA
– July 15: DDD Sydney – Sydney – Australia
– August 12: DDD Melbourne – Melbourne – Australia
– August 14-18: Visual Studio Live! Redmond – Redmond, WA – USA