2 T (28g) butter
1 c (50g) panko bread crumbs
1 oz (28g) asiago or other cheese, finely shredded
1 T (15ml) olive oil
1/2 large onion
2 large or 4 smallish tomatoes
basil leaves, chopped
1 T (15ml) extra virgin olive oil
1. Melt butter in skillet and toast panko until well-browned (be careful not to burn it though). Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in skillet, and cook onions until just about to brown.
3. Add tomatoes and cook until excess moisture is absorbed.
4. Add extra virgin olive oil and herbs. Remove from heat and set aside. Wipe out skillet.
5. Reheat skillet and make four 2-egg omelets (2 eggs are the perfect amount for a thin omelet that is coked on the inside).
6. Add some of the tomato mixture, panko, and grated cheese to each omelet before folding.