We are pleased to announce the release of Aspose.Tasks for Java 17.5.0 . This month’s release is kind of maintenance release where Aspose team has fixed several bugs related to various functional areas of the API. This month’s release is sort of maintenance release where Aspose team has fixed several bugs related to API functionality. These include scenarios where loading or saving sample MPP files raised to various exceptions, Improvement in project recalculation resulting in more accurate output results, Improved project data saving to XML format where the project calendars resulted in erroneous calendar entries, Issues with Timephased data writing to output MPP file which resulted in repeated entries in output XML file and some wrong work values in certain cases, Problems with actual start and percent complete and actual duration while saving project data to MPP using the API. Moreover, Fixing of Out of memory errors while exporting project data to image, Issues related to preserving formulas while saving project data as MPP and Differences in Tasks duration for MSP 2010 and 2016 file formats. Below is the complete list of bug fixes and enhanced features included in this release.
- Tasks with custom timephased data has Percent Complete > 100% and MSP in XML format cannot be imported.
- Formulas get corrupted after file save
- Loading a MPP file using Aspose.Tasks throw exception An item with the same key has already been added
- Recalculation of project sets percent complete to zero on milestone tasks
- Saving Project raises TaskWritingException
- Erroneous calendar entry added in XML while converting MSP 2016 MPP
- Out of Memory error while saving MPP to PNG
- Task duration shown wrong in MSP 2016 as compared to MSP 2010
- Saving MPP file hangs and never returns
- Timephased data entries are repeated for AssignmentActualWork in the XML file
- Timephased data not copied while saving project as MPP
- Wrong Actual Start, % Complete and Actual duration calculated while saving MPP
- The value of actual start of parent node set to NA while loading and saving the project
- TimephasedData written to MPP File shows wrong Work Values for the Last two days
- Project.getCustomProperties gives compilation error in latest release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Tasks for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Tasks for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Tasks is a non-graphical Java Project management component that enables Java applications to read, write & manage Project documents without utilizing MS Project. It supports reading MS Project Template (MPT) files as well as allows exporting project data to HTML, BMP, PNG, JPEG, PDF, TIFF, XPS, XAML and SVG formats. It reads & writes MS Project documents in both MPP & XML formats. Developers can read & change tasks, recurring tasks, resources, resource assignments, relations & calendars.