I am creating a REST client for an application(Oracle Data Integrator, ODI), which internally uses log4j for its logging. I am also using log4j for logging into my client application.
I have built REST client using maven and packaged that as jar file which contains all its dependencies and the log4j.properties file in src/main/resources folder of Maven. I even decompiled the jar to see if all dependencies and properties file exists, and yes they exist.
Then I to deployed that jar to ODI application. In ODI(which has its own BeanShell to write code) I have written some code which will use my jar file. Now here is the problem arise, I have used log4j in my jar file and even provided the log4j jars as dependencies. Still, the ODI is using its own logging and printing the logs on the console. Looks like ODI logging files are overriding my logging files and jars.