Win a copy of Head First Agile this week in the Agile forum!
  • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Am I prepared for taking the certification exam?  RSS feed

 
Vivaan Kushwaha
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Dears,

I am preparing for java certification for pass 2 months(only on weekends ). I had bought enthuware mock test and attempted all the test. my scores for  enthuware mock exams are 61, 71, 59, 81,83, 60. because of inconsistency.   I  bought Whizlabs mock exams and have attempted all the test and have passed in all my scores are 67,71,73,76, 80,73. Please sincerly let me know  if i am ready for actual certification exams. (Please note that  i am preparing for certification exams for 2 months but only on weekends and i am a working professional).
 
Pete Letkeman
Ranch Foreman
Posts: 684
19
Android Chrome IntelliJ IDE Java MySQL Database
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Welcome to CodeRanch Vivaan Kushwaha.

It has been established, elsewhere on this forum that Enthuware questions are more difficult then the actual exam.
From your Enthuware results it does look like you are in fairly good shape.

Here are a few other people's Enthuware results:
  • https://coderanch.com/t/683846/certification/Writing-Java-OCA-IZ-EXAM
  • https://coderanch.com/t/680805/certification/Passed-OCAJP
  • https://coderanch.com/t/683117/certification/Passed-OCA

  • You did not say which exam you were preparing for as there are a few out there, starting with the OCA 1Z0-808 being an introduction and with others covering progressively more.

    I suggest you post the questions of any of the questions in Enthuware exams that you did not get correct, or do not fully understand, on this forum.
    There are people on this forum know really know Java and can help explain questions and results.
    This could really help clear things up.
     
    Vivaan Kushwaha
    Greenhorn
    Posts: 4
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    Pete Letkeman wrote:Welcome to CodeRanch Vivaan Kushwaha.

    It has been established, elsewhere on this forum that Enthuware questions are more difficult then the actual exam.
    From your Enthuware results it does look like you are in fairly good shape.

    Here are a few other people's Enthuware results:
  • https://coderanch.com/t/683846/certification/Writing-Java-OCA-IZ-EXAM
  • https://coderanch.com/t/680805/certification/Passed-OCAJP
  • https://coderanch.com/t/683117/certification/Passed-OCA

  • You did not say which exam you were preparing for as there are a few out there, starting with the OCA 1Z0-808 being an introduction and with others covering progressively more.

    I suggest you post the questions of any of the questions in Enthuware exams that you did not get correct, or do not fully understand, on this forum.
    There are people on this forum know really know Java and can help explain questions and results.
    This could really help clear things up.
     
    Vivaan Kushwaha
    Greenhorn
    Posts: 4
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    [quote=
    You did not say which exam you were preparing for as there are a few out there, starting with the OCA 1Z0-808 being an introduction and with others covering progressively more.
    .

    I am preparing for 1Z0-808 exam
     
    Vivaan Kushwaha
    Greenhorn
    Posts: 4
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    Thank you Enthuware .
    five days back i was not confident whether i will be able to clear the ocajp exam so i posted on this site for the first time . but today i cleared the OCAJP(1z0-808) exam with 91% . the fact is that your software is far more knowledgeable than some of the  certification books. Please do keep it up. your mock exams are far more tougher than actual exam which is a good practise from knowledge point of view.

    In addition, thank also to whizlabs, you mock are similar to those in the actual exam i mean from difficulty point of view.

    now Please suggest which book should i refer for OCPJP  exam.

     
    Pete Letkeman
    Ranch Foreman
    Posts: 684
    19
    Android Chrome IntelliJ IDE Java MySQL Database
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    That is great news Vivaan Kushwaha, congratulations.

    Please, when you get a few moments, will you do add your self to the Wall of Fame
    https://coderanch.com/wiki/659980/Ocajp-Wall-Fame
     
    O Shea
    Ranch Hand
    Posts: 148
    2
    Java MySQL Database Oracle
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    Vivaan Kushwaha wrote:
    today i cleared the OCAJP(1z0-808) exam with 91% .


    Congratulations Champion for your success. Really great score!!!. Now take a bit of relax and then start for the next level.
    many many congrats for your success.
     
    Paul Anilprem
    Enthuware Software Support
    Ranch Hand
    Posts: 4097
    33
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    Congratulations, Vivaan! Good job
    Glad to know that you found our material helpful in your preparation
     
    Pete Letkeman
    Ranch Foreman
    Posts: 684
    19
    Android Chrome IntelliJ IDE Java MySQL Database
    • Mark post as helpful
    • send pies
    • Quote
    • Report post to moderator
    Vivaan Kushwaha wrote:now Please suggest which book should i refer for OCPJP  exam.

    Some people have added their own story to the OCP Wall of Fame
    https://coderanch.com/wiki/659976/Ocpjp-Wall-Fame
    Which could lead you to resource which they have found helpful for the exam.

    You may be able to find a good resources in this forum:
    https://coderanch.com/f/24/java-programmer-OCPJP

    Hope this helps you out with your certification journey.
     
    Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    • Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
    • New Topic
    Boost this thread!