Search within Meaningless Drivel
Register / Login
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Stephan van Hulst
Recipe of the Week: Bear's Arroz con pollo y salchicha
posted 4 years ago
Number of slices to send:
Optional 'thank-you' note:
Bear's Arroz con pollo y salchicha
1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, bite-size dice
1 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T yellow mustard
1/2 lb andouille sausage, bite-size dice
1 stick butter
1/2 large onion (or 1 small), medium dice
2 c brown rice, rinsed
1 packet Sazón achiote seasoning (or similar Mexican seasoning)
2 c of frozen mixed vegetables
2 1/2 c chicken broth
The following assumes the use of an electric pressure cooker. But this could be made in a Dutch oven as well. Just cook it longer until the rice is cooked.
1. Place chicken in a large bowl and add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
2. Set pressure cooker to Sauté and melt half of the butter.
3. Cook chicken and sausage in batches until browned on all sides. Set meat aside.
4. Deglaze pan with about 1/2 c of the broth. Add back to rest of stock.
5. Add remaining butter to pan and cook onions with a pinch of salt until browning.
6. Add rice and stir to coat. Sauté rice for a few minutes until just starting to brown.
7. Add broth, Sazón, black pepper to taste, meat and vegetables to pot. Stir to combine.
8. Cook under pressure 24 minutes.
9. Quick release the pressure when done.
10. Fluff and serve.
(Sorry, but didn't have the time to add metric conversions.)
Asking smart questions
Books by Bear
pie. tiny ad:
Building a Better World in your Backyard by Paul Wheaton and Shawn Klassen-Koop
Boost this thread!
satisfying your cravings
Creating A Favourite Button
Recipe of the week: Bear’s Avocado Skillet Dinner
Pictures of pi(e)
Chicken Pot Pie