The long awaited version of Aspose.Cells for Java 17.10.0 has been released. This release includes many new features and enhancements along with some critical bug fixes that further improve the overall stability of the APIs. Aspose.Cells already supports read and write external connection of xlsx file but now, it also supports this feature for xlsb file. However, the code is same for both types of format. When cell contains text or string but it is larger than the width of the cell, then the string overflows if the next cell in next column is null or empty. When users save an Excel file into HTML, users can control this overflow by specifying the cross type using the HtmlCrossType enumeration. Aspose.Cells provides a mechanism to interrupt or cancel the formula calculation of workbook using the AbstractCalculationMonitor.interrupt() method. This is useful when formula calculation of workbook is taking too much time and users want to cancel its processing. The Documentation article is available which explains how to Interrupt or Cancel the Formula Calculation of Workbook. Developers can set the values format code of chart series using the Series.ValuesFormatCode property. This property is not only useful for the series which are based on the range inside the worksheet but also works well for the series created with array of values. Sheet.SheetId property is found inside the DocumentFormat.OpenXml.Spreadsheet namespace and is part of OpenXml. You can see this property and its value inside workbook.xml. Aspose.Cells provides the equivalent property as Worksheet.TabId. Below are some important new features, enhancement and bug fixes part of this release.
- Cancel long-running calculation of Workbook.calculateFormula method
- Get SheetId field of MS Excel worksheet
- Good HTML needed for the attached HTML
- Position of long-hyphens is not same as Microsoft Excel
- Arrows points are not clear in the output Pdf
- Text gets truncated in the output HTML
- Border color does not match like MS Excel in output HTML
- Background color does not match like Ms Excel in output HTML
- callback IFilePathProvider is never called and then the HTML file has 'null' in the path
- Value axis labels are missing when converting Excel to PDF
- Text overlap Issue after rendering worksheet to image
- Cancellation and out of memory issue because of large data range of chart
- Output chart is not like original chart in the output HTML
- The chart area, labels, legends, etc. is rendered incorrectly in the output PDF and PNG
- Chart area is not rendered correctly in the PDF and PNG outputs of MS Excel chart
- Chart's legend sequence has changed while rendering spreadsheet to PDF format
- Colors and style of the chart are lost
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Cells is a Java component for spreadsheet reporting without using Microsoft Excel. Other features include creating spreadsheets, opening encrypted excel files, macros, VBA, unicode, formula settings, pivot tables, importing data from JDBC ResultSet and support of CSV, SpreadsheetML, PDF, ODS and all file formats from Excel 97 to Excel 2007. It is compatible with Windows, Linux & Unix and supports all advanced features of data management, formatting, worksheet, charting and graphics.