I installed Community Version IntelliJ IDEA Version 2017.3.5 on my iMac running macOS High Sierra 10.13.3. I tried to setup a Shortcut Key to access JavaDocs online but the sequence "Shift F1" does not work. I did the following:
1) From the Welcome Screen select ->CONFIGURE->PROJECT DEFAULTS->PROJECT STRUCTURE(See attachment) 2) Java Version 1.8 is already selected
3) Go to ->DOCUMENTATION PATHS 4) Bring up dialogue box ->"SPECIFY DOCUMENTATION URL"
5) Entered documentation URL: "https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/"
6) ->APPLY->OK 7) I went back into my project, put caret in code and tried to use the "Shift F1" shortcut to bring up external Java Docs but nothing happens.
8) Then I tried the Menu tab ->VIEW->EXTERNAL DOCUMENTATION and website appears.
I looked online and someone suggested to add the API link to ALL my IntelliJ version installed. But I only have one version installed for Java 8.
How can I get the shortcut keys "Shift F1" to work to bring up the external doc for Java.
I appreciate your feedback. Thank you.
* * * * * * *
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
IntelliJ IDEA Version 2017.3.5
macOS High Sierra 10.13.3