This week's giveaway is in the Cloud/Virtualization forum. We're giving away four copies of Secure Financial Transactions with Ansible, Terraform, and OpenSCAP and have Lucian Maly on-line! See this thread for details.
Aspose development team is happy to announce the monthly release of Aspose.Words for Java 18.4 . There are 75 improvements and fixes in this regular monthly release. On .NET baseline, some public API methods contain out/ref params in signatures. Service classes Ref, RefInt, RefBoolean, etc. are added to emulate out/ref in Java. The OdtSaveOptions class can be used to specify additional options when saving a document into the ODT or OTT format. Users can initializes a new instance of this class that can be used to save a document in the ODT format encrypted with a password. Users can also use OdtSaveOptions.Password property to get or set password to encrypt document. This release has added support to preserve paper tray information when exporting document to PCL format. No additional code is required. Following information is transferred from document’s model to PCL file.Please note that the value of paper tray is passed from document as is. PCL format supports only 8-bit identifiers for paper tray so make sure this values are correct for PCL printer. It has added ShapeBase.IsLayoutInCell property in this version of Aspose.Words. This property gets or sets a flag indicating whether the shape is displayed inside a table or outside of it. The property may be helpful for shapes (mainly VML) that are placed into a table cell but are needed to position without binding to the cell. It has implemented optimization of metafile rendering vector output. Optimization includes applying intermediate transformations directly to the graphics and removing redundant canvases. Such optimization is also performed by MS Word when saving metafiles as vector graphics to PDF, XPS, etc. Optimization may affect the visual appearance of metafile vector graphics in viewer applications due to peculiarities of vector graphics rendering. For example, there are cases when not optimized output looks faded out in Acrobat Reader comparing to optimized output. Metafile output optimization is controlled by existing FixedPageSaveOptions.OptimizeOutput flag. It has removed obsolete property WebRequestTimeout from the LoadOptions class in Aspose.Words 18.4. Please use the HtmlLoadOptions.WebRequestTimeout property instead. The list of most notable new and improved features added in this release are given below
- Added public Ref<T> class for out/ref emulation in public API.
- Provide an ability to work with password-protected ODT and OTT file formats
- Preserve PaperTray information in PCL
- Added ShapeBase.IsLayoutInCell property
- Implemented optimization of metafile rendering vector output. Optimization includes applying intermediate transformations directly to the graphics and removing redundant canvases. Such optimization is also performed by MW when saving metafiles as vector graphics to PDF, XPS, etc.
- PaperTray information is now saved in PCL output
- “DrawingML shapes are not fully supported” warning is not thrown anymore, more specific warnings are used instead while rendering
- DrawingML shapes with auto-size and empty textboxes don’t throw exception while rendering now
- WordArt objects with empty fill now cast only outline shadows while rendering. Previously the whole shape cast a shadow
- Improved rendering of MathAccentElement. The accent symbol is rendered in accordance with the letter’s height
- Improved rendering of PieChart, if data labels have a manual layout
- Improved rendering of the text boxes with OleObjects (e.g. Math equation)
- Improved rendering of WordArt objects with gradient fill
- Fixed a bug causing the corruption of radial gradient fill for rotated shapes while rendering
- Fixed rendering of “Monotype Hadassah” font with legacy encoding
- Fixed a problem with META_SETPIXEL WMF record while rendering meta-files
Improved frame width calculation when paragraph has right indent
Improved computation of widths of ideographic space when combined with document grid, space inside footnotes
- Improved floating table positioning for RTL tables in 2013 compatibility mode
- Improved layout of 2013 compatible documents when page break overlaps footer
- Improved positioning of wrapped lines in 2013 compatibility mode, and lines with large inline images
- Fixed issue with character compressing when Kinsoku rule is ignored by document
- Fixed incorrect glyph selection for Zero Width No-Break Space when font does not have this glyph
- Fixed comment range highlighting issue when comment spans multiple pages inside a repeated header row of a table
- Fixed rendering of text in merged cells when row contains hidemark attribute on the cell break and all remaining cells are merged
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET, Java & Android applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.