Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Software Engineer II
Location: St. Louis, MO
Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. May assist with test procedures to ensure software system requirements are met. Supports software project management. May elect, tailor and deploy processes and tools; may establish metrics. Performs software research and trade studies. Troubleshoots software issues. Works under general supervision. Follows company software standards and processes. The primary functions of this position is to provide experienced software design and programming, troubleshooting and analysis in support of Tapestry's software applications. This positon will involve all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for complex applications and software programs in an agile environment.
• With general supervision, develops, documents maintains and unit test code by utilizing software development environments and programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements.
• Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices.
• Performs troubleshooting of defects.
• Proposes solutions to problems.
• Supports development, documentation and maintenance of software architectures.
• May support software requirements development by performing analyses, preparing flow and logic diagrams and performing trade studies.
• May support interface definition and allocation of requirements between hardware, software and operators.
• May participate in requirement reviews.
• May select, tailor and deploy processes and tools; may establish metrics.
• May perform evaluations, contribute to proposals; assess benefits of available technologies and perform trade studies.
• May perform troubleshooting of operational and integration issues. May maintain and analyze performance data and advise more experienced engineers of potential issues.
• Perform software development tasks in the areas of software/application design, programming, architecture as well as independent analysis and problem resolution.
• Guide complex development tasks and projects to successful completion.
• Provide design, tracking, testing of Tapestry applications.
• Maintain and validate coding and software standards.
• Prepare software development and testing schedules as required.
• Assure both quality and customer service.
• Performs duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Preferred skills and/or experience:
• Strong OO experience with C++ and/or Java.
• Experience with web technologies and languages such as Java (web developer), Adobe ColdFusion.
• Experience with relational databases and SQL (eg., MS SQL and Oracle DB).
• Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short period of time.
• Knowledge of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and utilization on micro services is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of application containerization and Cloud computing is a plus.
• Familiar with the CM, Test and IA processes generally associated with deploying production web-based business solutions.
• Able to contribute in all activities and steps that form the software development process with an emphasis on design, implementation, testing and deployment.
• Able to analyze data and determine and document the best method of meeting customer requirements.
• Able to work directly with the functional experts and the customer in the design of software and clarification of requirements.
• The focus of this position is on programming, software analysis, design and testing in a team oriented software development environment.
To apply, and learn more about us, please visit us at www.tapestrysolutions.com
Tapestry Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.