• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Tim Cooke
  • Paul Clapham
  • Devaka Cooray
  • Bear Bibeault
Sheriffs:
  • Junilu Lacar
  • Knute Snortum
  • Liutauras Vilda
Saloon Keepers:
  • Ron McLeod
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Piet Souris
Bartenders:
  • salvin francis
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven

old view will be discontinued - probably today

 
Trailboss
Posts: 23180
IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Java
  • Likes 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I think we've been mentioning this for years.  
 
Marshal
Posts: 6593
1253
IntelliJ IDE jQuery Eclipse IDE Postgres Database Tomcat Server Chrome Google App Engine
  • Likes 7
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Old view is no more!
 
Rancher
Posts: 3598
38
  • Likes 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
 
Creator of Enthuware JWS+ V6
Posts: 3325
298
Android Eclipse IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I changed to the new view a long time ago and I made use of the dashboard functionality and I have used the "Most recent topics table" with pleasure, you might want to try it as well (or build your own):

My Profile > Site Personalization > Default view on the home page
 
Sheriff
Posts: 21917
106
Eclipse IDE Spring VI Editor Chrome Java Ubuntu Windows
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If you want to use a view that looks most like the old one, choose "Most recent in last month by category". The only thing I'm missing is a "mark all read" button - that's available on the default view though.

Edit: it's also there per forum, just not a global one.
 
Ranch Hand
Posts: 393
8
Open BSD BSD Debian
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I experience a weird behaviour with new view, I'm tired to scroll horizontally pages  am i the sole to experience that? for you horizontal scrolling is helpful?
 
Mikalai Zaikin
Rancher
Posts: 3598
38
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Rob Spoor wrote:If you want to use a view that looks most like the old one, choose "Most recent in last month by category". The only thing I'm missing is a "mark all read" button - that's available on the default view though.



Thank you very much!

It made it look like an old one (not sure if I can notice a difference)
 
paul wheaton
Trailboss
Posts: 23180
IntelliJ IDE Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Harry Kar wrote:I experience a weird behaviour with new view, I'm tired to scroll horizontally pages  am i the sole to experience that? for you horizontal scrolling is helpful?



is this on a particular page?
 
Harry Kar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 393
8
Open BSD BSD Debian
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

paul wheaton wrote:

Harry Kar wrote:I experience a weird behaviour with new view, I'm tired to scroll horizontally pages  am i the sole to experience that? for you horizontal scrolling is helpful?



is this on a particular page?


I just ticked adopt new view or something similar in preferences > site personalization not sure if is that but now seems the horizontal scroll bar diminish drastically his extension
now seems that item i ticked in preferences is not there so i can't reproduce the effect(assumed that was the cause); anyway when i observe it again i refer it here

PS : The extensive scrollbar was present when was present that view(before click the link to pass to the old view) in every page
 
author & internet detective
Posts: 39956
804
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Rob Spoor wrote:If you want to use a view that looks most like the old one, choose "Most recent in last month by category". The only thing I'm missing is a "mark all read" button - that's available on the default view though.

Edit: it's also there per forum, just not a global one.


Using the dashboard functionality described above, you can choose the "top forums" widget. It has the "mark all read" button on it.
 
Harry Kar
Ranch Hand
Posts: 393
8
Open BSD BSD Debian
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Harry Kar wrote:

paul wheaton wrote:

Harry Kar wrote:I experience a weird behaviour with new view, I'm tired to scroll horizontally pages  am i the sole to experience that? for you horizontal scrolling is helpful?



is this on a particular page?


I just ticked adopt new view or something similar in preferences > site personalization not sure if is that but now seems the horizontal scroll bar diminish drastically his extension
now seems that item i ticked in preferences is not there so i can't reproduce the effect(assumed that was the cause); anyway when i observe it again i refer it here

PS : The extensive scrollbar was present when was present that view(before click the link to pass to the old view) in every page



Right now i re-ticked in site preferences use the current view. I did that one time earlier. I can assume my earlier tick has not  not taken into consideration from the system . Is that a normal  behaviour?
 
Too many men are afraid of being fools - Henry Ford. Foolish tiny ad:
Java file APIs (DOC, XLS, PDF, and many more)
https://products.aspose.com/total/java
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic