Do you want to write software for the UK’s latest frontline fighter, augmented/virtual reality trainers for nuclear submarines or even 3D mission planning systems for Typhoon and Hawk jets? Interested in using machine learning on big data to maximise availability for aircraft, ships and land vehicles or developing web based solutions to keep airspace safe? Or even producing software to optimise the timetables on the London Underground?
If any of those grab your attention, how would you like to work for a business that is committed to making the workplace agile and flexible to meet the diverse needs of our customers? Where high standards of work are expected and encouraged? Where people are understood and valued? Where you can develop and enhance your skills and knowledge, with potential to become a leader in a global business?
Your main responsibilities as a Junior Software Developer will involve:
· Ownership of requirements, design and implementation, and test to a high standard, within schedule and estimates
· Software development of solutions
· Testing of completed functionality
· Adherence to project processes and software development practices
· Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
· Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
· Production of appropriate technical documentation
As part of the software team you will be expected to work closely with team members, and support the team and/or project leadership in daily activities.
Your skills and qualifications as a Junior Software Developer:
· Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g. design, coding, unit testing), and tools (e.g. UML design tools, code IDEs)
· Desktop-based applications (Java and Eclipse RCP or C#/C++)
· A 'can do' attitude; deliver within agreed budgets and timescales
· Self-organisation and good time management
· Occasional travel may be required
Ideally you have an honours degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant STEM subject, although relevant knowledge and experience may offset the qualification requirements. You will be required to obtain full Security Clearance.
Salary: Up to £30k
Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.