We’re looking for skilled, technical Solution Development Leads to join our Global Business Services (GBS) IT team. You’ll be accountable to the IT Product Manager for managing all of the solution development resources within a Product Team which includes; Business Analysts, Solution Architects, Solution Subject Matter Experts, Data Engineer and Test Leads.
This is an opportunity to be an integral part of an evolving IT practice that delivers the most efficient and effective combination of processes, data, applications and technology that enables Rolls-Royce to execute its vision, values, and strategy.
An excellent opportunity to utilise your resource management skills to lead a large, multidiscipline team, in their development activities across the business units, globally! We’ll actively support your development and your journey to professional accreditation as well as offering flexible working.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer cutting-edge technologies that deliver the cleanest, safest and most competitive solutions to our planet’s vital power needs. We embrace the power of data and technology and aim to be Digital First in everything we do.
• Manages resources to deliver product and portfolio backlogs within a product team - allocates solution development resources to Product Owners
• Manages career development of solution development resources in collaboration with the Standards and Policies Managers/Scrum Masters
• Tracks and reports on delivery of Agile KPI’s, delivery of story points
• Manages sourcing of additional Developer/Engineer/Testers into the Agile/DevOps Pods
• Identifies and sources additional resource types when required (Reliability Engineers, etc.)
• Degree qualified or equivalent, relevant experience and professional accreditation is preferred
• Demonstrable technical leadership of complex technical and/or professional work activities, including the analysis of designs, delivery options and plans and able to to advise on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to own specialism and can make appropriate choices from alternatives
• Understands continuous improvement techniques to enable leadership of the team to improve as well development of the skills of their team, ensuring they are up to date with industry development
• Experience of leading and working in a global business environment and managing distributed teams and able to bring diverse stakeholders together
• Has good business understanding and deep understanding of own specialism(s) and able to absorb complex information and communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Proven ability to undertake work which requires the application of fundamental principles in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer the performance of the future. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.