We’re looking for looking for skilled, technical Scrum Masters to join our Global Business Services (GBS) IT team in Derby. This role will be accountable for providing Agile coaching and servant leadership of Lean-Agile development activities within the assigned product team. You’ll facilitate the delivery of agreed scope with your teams who are made up of internal and external resource, including external supply chain, with the opportunity to work across all business sectors.
This is an opportunity to be an integral part of an evolving IT practice that delivers the most efficient and effective combination of processes, data, applications and technology that enables Rolls-Royce to execute its vision, values, and strategy.
The introduction of Scrum Masters into our product teams presents the opportunity to help drive the IT function and in turn, the wider business in the adoption of Agile. You’ll mentor and coach your product team to empower its members to self-organise and remove blockers to ensure delivery is more efficient. We’ll actively support your development and your journey to professional accreditation as well as offering flexible working.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer cutting-edge technologies that deliver the cleanest, safest and most competitive solutions to our planet’s vital power needs. We embrace the power of data and technology and aim to be Digital First in everything we do.
• Teams will deliver work using Kanban, Scrum or SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprise)
• Ensure consistent, reliable and repeatable delivery of capability by Agile delivery teams through the promotion of Agile/Scrum principles and practices and by mentoring and coaching the development team
• Facilitates team in all aspects of the Scrum framework including sprint planning sessions, backlog refinement sessions, daily scrums, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives using the agile ceremonies
• Ensure that scrum team follow Agile methodology and the scrum framework, supported via appropriate coaching and scrum master activities
• Supports the Business Product Owner and IT Product Owner by removing blockers to achieve successful delivery
• Drive consistent reporting on sprint activity to senior management
• Degree qualified or equivalent, relevant experience and Certified Scrum Master/Certified SAFe practitioner would be preferred
• Demonstrable experience of Agile delivery leadership delivering a range of work, some complex and non-routine across a variety of working environments using Agile Scrum methodology
• Significant experience of coaching, mentoring and managing scrum teams and an advocate of continuous improvement and subject matter expertise and applies methodical approach to issue definition and resolution
• Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives and able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels within the company and supply chain
• Experience of working in a global business environment and managing distributed teams, selecting appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications
• Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes responsibility for driving own development
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer the performance of the future. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.