Several days ago I've passed Spring Professional 5.0 certification without attending an expensive course.
Want to thank everyone who shared experience and valuable links related to this and prior versions of certification exam.
In case someone is looking forward to take this certification exam here are some advices:
1. Official study guide is essentialy everything that you need to know to pass the certification. It can be found on the Pivotal certification page.
2. There's a software developer whos name is Ivan Kriszan who has already answered all of these questions and published a book (this book covers official study guide questions). Here's his blog where you can find some useful info (he actually took a certification course and shared his experience).
3. Consult official documentation and make as much examples on your own as possible.
4. Mock exams that I've took were of bad quality in comparison to well-known Java mocks from Enthuware. Unfortunately, it seems, that there's no reliable source of mock exams at the moment.
5. In comparison to OCA/OCP questions - actual Spring certification questions are more general, asking about concepts not about some tricky code execution or compilation errors.
6. Big note to everyone: don't waste your time learning Spring XML configuration. Certification exam doesn't simply ask about that.
P.S. If someone is interested about my own certification path - here's a github repository where I've tried to answer all of the questions from Spring certification exam. The preparation took me about 5 months to be prepared.
BTW, you do not receive certificate until you do not take training ? but one can take exam without prior taking training ?
Exam 1Z0-810: Upgrade to Java SE 8 Programmer Study Guide and Quiz Exam 1Z0-817: Upgrade OCP Java 6, 7 and 8 to Java SE 11 Developer Study Guide
posted 9 months ago
You're given a digital badge and a digital certificate after passing the certification exam, even without taking an expensive Spring training. The Badge and certificate are both sent to you via email.
Once again, at the moment Spring training is not required in any way. It is just an additional way to get prepared. An exceprt from FAQ:
Our training courses are the best way to gain the knowledge tested in our certification exams. However, class attendance is not a required step in the certification process.
I am getting the below error when trying to purchase the spring professional exam from https://store.education.pivotal.io/checkout-step-1 [GatewayTransactionError] Transaction declined.203 - General decline of the card. No other information provided by the issuing bank.
I am complaining and contacting the pivotal since last week.
The only response i am getting is the error from bank side.
Unfortunately, we do not have another way for you to pay for the certification exams.
As I explained, this error is related to your card issuer or bank. And we have no way of fixing that for you.
I have contacted my team and cybersource to get the most information I can for you and that is what they have communicated.