• Data Solution Designers in our head offices in Swindon
• Competitive salary
• Permanent 35-hour per week contract
• Send in your application by 31st March 2019
Nationwide has recently launched a new data strategy which will transform the way the society thinks about, values and manages its data. As part of this new strategy the Data & Analytics Community, and more specifically, the Data Solutions team has a number of exciting new roles to help deliver on the promises of reducing the number of legacy data stores, simplifying the architectural landscape and treating data as a valued asset.
Who we're looking for We are looking for experienced Data Solution Designers to join our Design Hub, to deliver data solutions, patterns and controls, and constructing data pipelines to deliver information to our business community. You’ll be able to operate a complex technical portfolio with multiple objectives, and you’ll have experience of working in a challenging fast paced environment to deliver at scale for our projects.
You will have:
• Advanced and proven technology design skills and capabilities for data lake and data warehouses design
• Good stakeholder management and engagement skills
• Experience communicating and influencing peers and management
• The ability to react with pace to manage changing demand
• Experience of different delivery methodologies – Waterfall, Agile, DevOps
• Experience in task management
You will have the experience in the following areas:
• Designing patterns and techniques for data lake and data warehouse on hybrid cloud and on-premise architectures
• Hadoop big data appliances, (Hive, HDFS, Scala, Spark, NIFI)
• Using Informatica and Teradata
• Knowledge of ETL frameworks
• Understanding of end-to-end IM environments
• Data modelling
• Data mapping
• Up to date with emerging technologies and trends, and awareness of open source tooling for big data
• Worked in and knowledge of the finance sector
• Proven leadership, mentoring and recruitment experience.
What you'll be doing Reporting to the Design Hub Lead, you will be delivering project designs for our new information management solution, and managing reusable design and code specific patterns.
Working with the Architecture, Design and Data Engineering teams, you’ll be ensuring technology best practice and ensuring the platform remains relevant and up to date whilst delivering change at pace.