Contract Length - 20 months, with opportunity to extend
ESL UK are the project lead, as part of a 6 business consortium, for an ambitious government funded research & development project which has been commissioned through the Industry Strategy Challenge Fund. The consortium is codenamed Weavr and consists of; ESL UK, REWIND, University of York, Focal Point VR, Dock10 & Cybula. The consortium has been awarded £4m in funding to create a framework for personalised AI powered immersive experiences for audiences in esports. More information can be found at http://weavr.tv.
The role will be responsible for project management internally & across the Weavr consortium members to deliver the project on time & to budget. You will liaise across a diverse set of organisations to ensure their work packages are being delivered into the overall project scope. You will be responsible for managing all personnel time forecast & tracking for the ESL UK team working on Weavr and the ESL UK budgeting elements.
You will be required to provide weekly updates to the consortium as a whole of the project progress & be present at the quarterly meetings with the government liaison officer.
You will report directly to the MD & COO, both of whom will be spending ~25% of their time on the project. You will be part of a team of 13 within ESL UK working on the project, with further members of ESL UK staff contributing during key milestones such as demonstrations at ESL events.
The role requires someone with an entrepreneurial spirit with an interest in joining a project at a key early stage. With plenty of opportunity to grow into the business line as it expands post the 2 year project deliverables.
Your future responsibilities:
- Coordinate and facilitate all consortium member communication, including organising regular meetings.
- Manage all consortium member activities and work packages in order to meet project goals.
- Measure consortium members deliverables against the project plan.
- Regular work package member meetings, note taking & dissemination of information.
- Manage all ESL UK project deliverables using project management software and best practice methodologies.
- Regularly updates and liaison with executive management on the status of the project.
- Work closely with the project’s Lead Developer who also sits within ESL UK.
- Manage internal staff resources working on the project, ensure timesheets are up to date and kept for reporting purposes.
- Liaise with the project bookkeeper and maintain the budget.