Join us to be part of the driving force of Defence.
Rolls-Royce pioneers the power that matter. When we talk about innovation within this business, it’s essential we demonstrate how we do this. We don’t just imagine great possibilities – we push boundaries at every stage and bring our innovative ideas to life through impressive engineering. This is how we create brilliance, which we should sell by letting the facts speak for themselves.
We’re the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer freedom to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas for Defence.
Thermal and Fluid Systems is responsible for air, oil, fuel and thermal management system design, verification and qualification, and for component temperature prediction, across the whole Bristol product portfolio.
The Group is active throughout the product lifecycle, from new engine concept evaluation, through design, development and certification, to in-service product support. In addition to aero products, the group is involved with Naval Marine, and with Universities engaged in generic capability and technology development.
- Determining & managing requirements, generating and modelling concepts to meet these requirements, and ranking concepts to support down-selection.
- Validation and verification through read-across, analysis or test.
- Supporting and integrating with project teams across different functions.
- Working closely with specialists and subject matter experts to deliver technical solutions.
- Producing and implementing designs and concepts
- Analysing and interpreting data and presenting results and solutions.
Qualification and Experience:
- You will be educated to degree level in a STEM subject and/ or have experience in a relevant engineering environment (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Electrical or Controls). Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered
- Well-rounded, team orientated engineer approach with an appetite for analysis and a willingness to make well informed engineering judgements.
- An aptitude for thermal and fluid systems is important; prior experience in this area will be beneficial but is not essential.
- Time management and organisational skills
- The ability to be creative and innovative whilst also demonstrating a good attention to detail.
- Good IT skills