We have several opportunities for both Systems & Software Engineers of varying levels and specialisms to join our team in either Derby or Birmingham.
As an Embedded Systems and/or Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on innovative, high-profile projects within the Rolls-Royce Controls System division. You will be working to develop our embedded, safety-critical software and systems. This includes the continuous improvement of our development processes, tools and infrastructure to support the development of our world-leading engine control and monitoring systems.
This division is in an exciting period of growth and development; we are introducing several new products to market in order to support the increasing demands of our international customer base. The division works across a number of UK sites including Derby and Birmingham with the opportunity providing a structured progression framework allowing individuals to maximise their potential in both technical and management positions.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
We deliver the best jet engines in the world. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, we’re putting our customers at the forefront of the aviation industry – and we keep them there. Our product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft, and with over 13,000 engines in-service around the world; we’re keeping the world flying.
• Work to elicit the systems and software requirements.
• Follow the development lifecycle to deliver software against customer requirements.
• Demonstrate process adherence and solution correctness.
• Support the continued improvement for cost reduction and quality aspects of our development processes.
• Work across both the Software, Systems and Electronics disciplines.
• Given the team structures there is also the opportunity for you to develop your project management skills as well as your technical.
• Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline such as Systems, Software, Electronics, Electrical or Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience
• Significant experience with embedded hardware platforms and programming (ideally with C/Ada/Simulink).
• Demonstrable system/dynamic modelling experience using UML/SysML, Matlab/SCADE and other modelling languages and tools
• Real-time systems experience ideally from aerospace or a related engineering industry such as automotive.
• Significant experience using software verification principles, processes and tools and working within safety-critical development constraints (e.g. DO-178B/C).
• Experienced in tool development in environments such as Eclipse and M2M and M2T transformation technologies and understands modular embedded software architectures, middlewares and real-time operating systems.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.