• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Paul Clapham
  • Ron McLeod
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Tim Cooke
Sheriffs:
  • Bear Bibeault
  • Henry Wong
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • salvin francis
  • Tim Moores
  • Tim Holloway
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Frits Walraven
Bartenders:
  • Jj Roberts
  • Carey Brown
  • Scott Selikoff

Scott and Jeanne's new book OCP 11 Practice Tests digital edition?

 
Ranch Foreman
Posts: 32
6
Eclipse IDE Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
So I just went through Scott's blog right here: https://www.selikoff.net/ocp11-pt/

All the "Where to buy it" links are paperback editions. The earliest of them (Barnes and Noble) comes out on February 17th. I'm from India and importing a book from the US is anything but a nightmare with no tentative or precise date of arrival. It certainly doesn't help that my 1Z0-819 is scheduled February 27th. Is there no way I could buy a digital edition somewhere that I could read through before my exam?
 
author
Posts: 4275
34
jQuery Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
It’s not out yet, so you’ll need to be a bit patient.  I believe you can reschedule your exam as long as you give them ample notice.  I’d expect the Kindle edition to be out around the same time as the paper edition.  
 
author & internet detective
Posts: 40487
823
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
For the practice exam book, you could buy the Kindle once it is released. As Scott noted, that's not out yet either.

Our books on the content have been out a while though so you could buy the Kindle editions of those now.

 
Vimugdh Lall
Ranch Foreman
Posts: 32
6
Eclipse IDE Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:For the practice exam book, you could buy the Kindle once it is released. As Scott noted, that's not out yet either.



I hope it releases soon.  

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:Our books on the content have been out a while though so you could buy the Kindle editions of those now.



Yupp! The CSG is actually my study material right now. You guys have done an amazing job pointing out the minute painstaking details and gotchas of the language!  
 
Vimugdh Lall
Ranch Foreman
Posts: 32
6
Eclipse IDE Java Windows
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Kindle edition out on 1st Feb! Got it already!  
 
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Vimugdh Lall wrote:Kindle edition out on 1st Feb! Got it already!  



Wow... I'm scheduled to take the test today. Wasn't sure if it was going to be delayed again like it was in December (I pre-ordered in November), so I decided to just go ahead and schedule the exam instead of risking it. Wish I had known about that sooner.
 
Vimugdh Lall
Ranch Foreman
Posts: 32
6
Eclipse IDE Java Windows
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

James Craven wrote:Wow... I'm scheduled to take the test today. Wasn't sure if it was going to be delayed again like it was in December (I pre-ordered in November), so I decided to just go ahead and schedule the exam instead of risking it. Wish I had known about that sooner.



Well, one week was more than enough to go through the whole book but it's alright, I'm sure you're well prepared. Please drop a review about the exam and the sections you got the questions from for the rest of us still preparing! All the best man!  
 
James Craven
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
1
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator

Vimugdh Lall wrote:

James Craven wrote:Wow... I'm scheduled to take the test today. Wasn't sure if it was going to be delayed again like it was in December (I pre-ordered in November), so I decided to just go ahead and schedule the exam instead of risking it. Wish I had known about that sooner.



Well, one week was more than enough to go through the whole book but it's alright, I'm sure you're well prepared. Please drop a review about the exam and the sections you got the questions from for the rest of us still preparing! All the best man!  



Just passed it (1Z0-819) with a 93%
I found a question that had three correct answers, but it only allowed two choices, so I wonder if I got that right or not...
 
All of the following truths are shameless lies. But what about this tiny ad:
the value of filler advertising in 2020
https://coderanch.com/t/730886/filler-advertising
reply
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic