European Investment Bank is looking to hire a (Senior) Reference and Master Data Management Specialist in Luxembourg
Panel interviews are anticipated for March.
*internally referred to as (Senior) Officer
The term of the contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Data Governance Unit comprises a team of eight Data Governance Officers who together lead various initiatives and working groups to establish and improve data governance, data management and reporting throughout the EIB. You will design a suitable framework for Reference and Master Data, aiming at providing high quality data across EIB Group`s business processes and IT applications, and drive projects to guarantee a consistent and coherent use of such data. You will ensure that business needs of all organisational entities involved or affected are met to reduce risks associated with data redundancy thereby contributing to the implementation of the BCBS239 program.
You will report to the Head of the Data Governance Unit.
• Design the Reference and Master Data Management Framework describing the guiding principles for the EIB Group, including processes, roles and responsibilities in the maintenance of Reference and Master Data in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
• Contribute to the development of an EIB Group Reference and Master Data Management architecture defining the structure and interaction between systems, applications and the data warehouse
• Identify and maintain an inventory of Reference and Master Data sources and contributors to ensure consistency; identify each contributor’s role & responsibilities
• Design and run communication and change management campaigns to share knowledge and increase awareness on the established Reference and Master Data Management concept and framework
• Ensure day-to-day operations to determine Reference and Master Data Management owners, follow-up on quality issues, agree on standards and definitions to be used
• Ensure that data quality rules and suitable processes are in place to measure the quality of Reference and Master Data
• Serve as a first-level point of contact for business partners (data officers and data owners) in troubleshooting issues encountered regarding Master and Reference Data
• Review IT project charters and business cases which may have an impact on Master/Reference Data Management architecture or systems
• Support procurement processes in the relevant discipline
• Coordinate the work of external consultants
• University degree in business administration, economics, finance, information management or a related field with exposure to data governance and data quality subjects
• Minimum of 5 years’ of relevant professional experience in data management including experience in data governance
• Solid experience in Reference and Master Data Management, ideally in designing, implementing and in operationalizing (in term of processes and tools) of such a framework
• Demonstrated knowledge of international data standards (such as ISO codes, European statistical standards and LEI)
• Good knowledge of IT tools used for managing Reference and Master Data Management, and a good understanding of the technical aspects involved
• Good knowledge of enterprise data/information management best-practice frameworks and guidelines (such as BCBS 239, the Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBOK), MIKE 2.0 or ISO 11179)
• Sound understanding of Best Banking Practices and regulatory framework for financial institutions
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of English and/or French, with a good knowledge of the other (Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage)